Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

What are your thoughts on the name Majken?

I actually went to school with a girl who had this name and it suddenly just popped into my head again. It was pronounced "My-ken" though being that it's Scandinavian we could have all been totally mispronouncing it. I always remember though thinking it was a cool name and why couldn't I have a name like that instead of the all unique Jessica (there were about 5 in my class alone). It's definitely a possibility I may run it past my husband when he gets home. Thoughts?
    Mummy to
    Noah Thomas, 9
    Genevieve Noël, 3
    Expecting Princesses 3 and 4 in March of 2014!
    Girls Name List

It's way too foriegn for the Midwest. People will look at you like you're nuts.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hil lary

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

I also went to middle and high school with a Majken. it was pronounced my-ken as you mentioned. I always wanted her name. She was very pretty and cute. I am an Ashley, so, I wanted to go from boring and typical to unusual even if it was spelled oddly.
    I like it. I would spell it differently if I was going to use it. Miken most likely.

It sort of reminds me of Lichen.

It's quite pretty, though.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by mummyjess View Post
    I actually went to school with a girl who had this name and it suddenly just popped into my head again. It was pronounced "My-ken" though being that it's Scandinavian we could have all been totally mispronouncing it. I always remember though thinking it was a cool name and why couldn't I have a name like that instead of the all unique Jessica (there were about 5 in my class alone). It's definitely a possibility I may run it past my husband when he gets home. Thoughts?

I think if your gut instinct goes back to it time and again, use it. I have the name Winter. People pronounced it Win-Ner not Win-Ter. My husband's name is Kelvin, and people call him Cal-ven, completely missing the spelling even. So, spelling and phonetics would be the least of my concerns. As long as you find a great mn, your husband likes it, and it pairs well with your last.....I think you should be fine, best of Luck!
    Tcc