Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite spring names?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freesia

10 14.49%
  • Forsythia/Flora/Flossie/Florrie

18 26.09%
  • Lilac/Lillian (for Lily)

40 57.97%
  • Easter

9 13.04%
  • March/May/June

23 33.33%
  • Azalea

28 40.58%
  • Daphne/Daffodil/Jonquil

18 26.09%
  • Hyacinth

9 13.04%
  • Iris/Gladys (for glads)

25 36.23%
  • Gardenia

9 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Time for Spring Names!

Which of the springy names do you like best in this poll?

Being a gardener, I am a sucker for plant names and loving color and gems, for those as well.

They seem to wear better year-round than some of the more autumnal and wintry names (Christmas, November, etc.). Though some can sound too childlike as a girl ages.

Any thoughts or additions?

I actually don't mind Spring as a middle name, but when I think of Spring, here are some names that I come up with:

Lily
    Rose/Rosemary
    Anastasia (Resurrection)
    Persephone
    Violet
    Aurora
    Daisy
    Meadow
    Willow
    Rainbow (GP!)
    Iris
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Favorite girl names: Alice, Anastasia, Athena, Aurora, Calliope, Cordelia, Daenerys, Daisy, Eleanor, Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Isadora, Jessamine, Mirabella, Ophelia, Persephone, Seraphina, Tatiana, Violet, Willow

Favorite boy names: Arthur, Atlas, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, James, Leopold/Leonidas, Oliver, River, Roman, Thaddeus, Solomon, Walter

I like:

Flora
    Lillian
    June
    Daphne
    Iris

UniqueNameLover's suggestions were great.
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Iris, Azalea, Lilac, and Jonquil are probably my favourites of these for feeling like spring.

I love Lily, but not as a nickname for Lilac. And lilies don't feel as spring to me as a lot of these other flowers, I guess because a lot of the kinds I like bloom in late summer? I'd probably only use Lilac as a middle name though, because it feels so sweet and pastel.

I miss the pink spring magnolias, so I nominate Magnolia.

Aviva is a name that means 'spring,' I've always liked it.

Cerise means 'cherry' and the cherry blossoms are an amazing part of spring. I don't really like Hyacinth (as a name, love the flower) but I like Jacinta.

I like Rain, actually. Makes me think of fresh spring rain bringing everything back to life.

Azalea is gorgeous. I used to feel fairly neutral about it but it really is so beautifully exotic, and definitely a perfect spring name.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus Kielder - Emmett Hugh - Alec Amadeus - Wilf Nicholas
    Estella Agnes - Oona Margaret - Billie Cordelia - Beatrix Georgia

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)