Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite spring names?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freesia

10 14.49%
  • Forsythia/Flora/Flossie/Florrie

18 26.09%
  • Lilac/Lillian (for Lily)

40 57.97%
  • Easter

9 13.04%
  • March/May/June

23 33.33%
  • Azalea

28 40.58%
  • Daphne/Daffodil/Jonquil

18 26.09%
  • Hyacinth

9 13.04%
  • Iris/Gladys (for glads)

25 36.23%
  • Gardenia

9 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Time for Spring Names!

Which of the springy names do you like best in this poll?

Being a gardener, I am a sucker for plant names and loving color and gems, for those as well.

They seem to wear better year-round than some of the more autumnal and wintry names (Christmas, November, etc.). Though some can sound too childlike as a girl ages.

Any thoughts or additions?

I actually don't mind Spring as a middle name, but when I think of Spring, here are some names that I come up with:

Lily
    Rose/Rosemary
    Anastasia (Resurrection)
    Persephone
    Violet
    Aurora
    Daisy
    Meadow
    Willow
    Rainbow (GP!)
    Iris
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Favorite girl names: Alice, Anastasia, Athena, Aurora, Calliope, Cordelia, Daenerys, Daisy, Eleanor, Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Isadora, Jessamine, Mirabella, Ophelia, Persephone, Seraphina, Tatiana, Violet, Willow

Favorite boy names: Arthur, Atlas, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, James, Leopold/Leonidas, Oliver, River, Roman, Thaddeus, Solomon, Walter

I like:

Flora
    Lillian
    June
    Daphne
    Iris

UniqueNameLover's suggestions were great.
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Iris, Azalea, Lilac, and Jonquil are probably my favourites of these for feeling like spring.

I love Lily, but not as a nickname for Lilac. And lilies don't feel as spring to me as a lot of these other flowers, I guess because a lot of the kinds I like bloom in late summer? I'd probably only use Lilac as a middle name though, because it feels so sweet and pastel.

I miss the pink spring magnolias, so I nominate Magnolia.

Aviva is a name that means 'spring,' I've always liked it.

Cerise means 'cherry' and the cherry blossoms are an amazing part of spring. I don't really like Hyacinth (as a name, love the flower) but I like Jacinta.

I like Rain, actually. Makes me think of fresh spring rain bringing everything back to life.

Azalea is gorgeous. I used to feel fairly neutral about it but it really is so beautifully exotic, and definitely a perfect spring name.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)