Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

High risk pregnancy...but ready to talk names

Hi all,

I am just entering the second trimester of a high risk pregnancy. I have had recurrent miscarriages and some complications with this pregnancy as well, but so far things are looking ok. I'm a huge name nerd but haven't ventured here yet for fear of losing this little one as well. Would love some feedback on the options we have come up with!

For a boy, Walter Michael NN Walt
    For a girl, Cecily Faye Patrice (Cecily Faye--meaning blind faith, as we have prayed so much for this second child) NN Lily and Cece

Big brother is Vincent Harrison, NN Vinny and Vince

Our boy's name is pretty well set since we both love Walter. Girl's name is still up for some debate, as I'm not a huge fan of the nickname Cece. I like that Lily could be an unusual nickname for it. Other girls' names we like are Sylvia, Lilla, Tea. Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,
    Emily
    Emily Eileen
    .mommy to Vincent Harrison, Cecily Faye Patrice, and three special angels
    .girls: Lilla, Leona, Dorotea, Hermione, Sylvia
    .boys: Walter, Bram, Phillip, Elliott, Leo, Henry

I like Cecily Faye, and love the meaning and its significance to you. I think Lily works very well as a nickname, but since CeCe is more obvious, if you really do not like it, it may not be the best choice for you. Out of your other choices, I love Sylvia - this would work very well with Vincent. Btw, I love Walter Michael, very sweet, especially with the nn Walt! Good luck with the pregnancy and I hope everything goes well for you.
    Sophie | 22 | England, UK
    science geek, crime-fiction buff, name nerd
    Not pregnant or TTC, just collecting!

Arthur John Frederick ~ o ~ Margot Sophie Anneliese
    ♂| Edmund | Rupert | Dashiell | Walter| Malcolm | Lionel | Barnaby | Calvin | Otis |
    ♀| Helena | Beatrice | Dorothy | Ramona | Gretel | Fiona | Juliet | Penelope | Susannah |

I hope all goes well for you! Walter Michael is perfect! Cecily Faye Patrice is great too, especially because of the meaning. I love Lily as an unexpected nickname. Some people may try to call her Cece, but just correct them and move on. If this really bothers you, I like Sylvia as well. Sylvie is a cute little nickname.

Your names are fantastic.
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

I like both names. Although I prefer Sylvia to Cecily - what about Sylvia Faye Patrice?

How about Lucia Faye Patrice? Lucia (loo-SEE-uh, lou-CHEE-ah or LOO-sha) is the patron saint of the blind so it would give you the meaning without the nickname you dislike being quite so forefront (though Cici is still there). Lots of options for nicknames for Lucia as well - Lux, Lucie, Lulu, Lu...

You could also do Lucy Faye Patrice (since Lucy is just the English form of Lucia).

EDIT - oooh I also just found Odilia/Odila a saint who was born blind but gained sight when she was baptized. I figure the name might be a little out there for you, with classics like Vincent and Walter, but the meaning is so lovely I had to share! Odila Faye Patrice? (nicknames could be Lily, Lila, Lola, Didi...)
    Last edited by jessblonde; January 14th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
    jessamyn

Violetta Coraline Isla Cordelia Alice Gwyneth
    Abel Francis Linus Booker Theodore Gibson

TTC #1 October 2014