Names Searched Right Now:

Question What comes to mind?

On the girls forum, I mentioned that we had our boy names figured out. Then I came across Caradoc, Penrose and Bertram, which ended up on our list. I found out that Bertram is a family name as is Leopold. Two middle names, is as well our family tradition, so it stays.
    My main concern is the feel you get with our name combos. What comes to mind when you say the name out loud (lavish, boring, ugly ect) or what is the general feel you get (nerdy, boyish, unisex) and why? This may help reduce them. Thanks for your help! Sn. Cash

Hatham Theodore Winthrop .. Nn. Hath --Any Better?

Beacon Leopold Brynmor.. Nn.Beau .. Leopold family name

Caradoc Eamon Belvedere ...

Bertram Peregrine Knightly -- Nn. Birdie, Bertie, Regrine, Reggie, and Knightly

Penrose Fitzwilliam Archibald .. Nn. Penn, Fitz
    Last edited by fourthseason; January 15th, 2014 at 12:39 AM.
    Tcc

Haytham Haskel Thorbert Winthrop .. Although Haytham is a legitimate Arabic name, it may look a bit "made up" or "kre8tif" to a large majority who wouldn't know that fact. This combo just sounds like you threw four names in the air and let them land wherever. Four two-syllable names in a combo isn't ideal for flow.

Beacon Leopold Brynmor .. Beacon is a unusual word name which reminds me of Deacon. The middles Leopold Brynmor is pretty awesome! Probably the second best on your list.

Caradoc Eamon Belvedere - a name that any writer or reader would love! This sounds like a medieval knight! My fave of the choices.

Bertram Peregrine Knightly - I love Peregrine but Bertram is geeky and Knightly is too Keira-like.

Penrose Fitzwilliam Archiebald - a name for a posh aristocrat or someone who wants to be one. FYI - Archibald is usually spelled with no "e".
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Haytham Haskel Thorbert Winthrop- It's a lot of name, which makes it sound kind of pretentious. I would stick with just two middles. Hath is cute.

Beacon Leopold Brynmor- I like this a lot. It sounds like a scientist's name. Beau makes it friendly.

Caradoc Eamon Belvedere- I imagine a knight in shining armor, LOL.

Bertram Peregrine Knightly- I like this as well. Very Jane Austen. I think Reggie and Knightly are my favorite nicknames.

Penrose Fitzwilliam Archiebald- Penrose sounds a little girly. I love Fitzwilliam and Archibald, though!
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rowgeesee View Post
    Haytham Haskel Thorbert Winthrop- It's a lot of name, which makes it sound kind of pretentious. I would stick with just two middles. Hath is cute.

Beacon Leopold Brynmor- I like this a lot. It sounds like a scientist's name. Beau makes it friendly.

Caradoc Eamon Belvedere- I imagine a knight in shining armor, LOL.

Bertram Peregrine Knightly- I like this as well. Very Jane Austen. I think Reggie and Knightly are my favorite nicknames.

Penrose Fitzwilliam Archiebald- Penrose sounds a little girly. I love Fitzwilliam and Archibald, though!
    Thank You: I can shorten Hatham to Hatham Theodore Winthrop...does that help it or just scrape it all together?
    Tcc