Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question about Chantal

I'm not really a fan of this name, but I know someone with it and she pronounces it like Shawn-telle. Just reading it, I would say Shawn-tawl. To pronounce it the way she does, I would spell it Chantelle.

Does anyone know of Shawn-telle is the common pronunciation of Chantal?

Well the French is like shohn-tall, so it's closer to your pronunciation than hers. But that is French. Not really sure what the most common English is/would be.
    Everly Anais | Maren Astoria | Paloma Winter | Vita Olivine | Xanthe Lyra | Cleo Viviana | Gemma Eulalie | Ione Catalina | Lux Isadora | Elettra Phoebe | Delphine Kaia | Hesper Valentina | India Eleri | Juniper Zara | Ivy Atalanta

Harlan Rafferty | Lorcan Barnaby | Soren Felix | Atlas Tyrion | Zephyr Sebastian | Oberon Leo

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

In English, I've only heard in pronounced shawn-tall.

I know someone named Chantal and Chantelle; they both pronounce it the same: shan-tell.
    Lila Evelyn | Eamon Reid

In Canada where I live, if your name is spelled Chantal, it means you say it the French way. Which is like Shanh-Tal (the N doesn't sounds like Shawn, but I can't figure out how else to explain it - sorry!)
    Mickie

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur - l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."