Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Our favourites rhyme! :(

He loves (surprisingly, or maybe not) Theodore with the nickname Bear. He's not a fan or Arthur with the same nickname.

I love Claire. I've tried convincing myself to like Clara, but I love Claire. The spelling, the meaning, the origin, I love it. But it rhymes, in a super obvious way. I do love Bear, so I really don't want to change it because DH loves it. He loves Claire too, but doesn't care about the rhyming since Bear would likely grow out of his nickname. But with naming trends these days... I'm not so sure.

Can you think of any names with the classy, vintage-esque but still quirky vibe I think Claire gives? That's definitely my naming style. Another catch: our last name starts with M, is three syllables, and ends in a.

Help!
    Names I love right now:
    Thomas - Wesley - Desmond - Jack - Albert - Spencer - Harry
    Annabel - Vivienne - Matilda - Sophie - Sybil - Maria - Jane

Such great names and I'm really liking the nickname Bear for Theodore! I feel the same way about Claire and Clara. I just can't get behind Clara but have ALWAYS loved the name Claire.

Here's some other names I think may have a similar vibe:
    Hazel
    Violet
    Ivy
    Nora
    Ruby
    Olive
    Lucy
    Eloise
    Stella
    June
    Imogen
    Alice
    Bonnie
    Mabel
    Greta
    Phoebe
    Elise
    Penelope
    Tabitha
    Eliza
    Maia
    Audrey
    Gemma
    Daphne
    Beatrice/Beatrix
    Gwendolen/Gwyneth
    Clementine
    Edith
    Margot
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

Personally, I don't think it's a problem in the least. Bear is a nickname, not a full name. They would be Claire and Theodore, not Claire and Bear. He's VERY likely to grow up and go "Hmm, I want to be Ted/Teddy/Theo/Thor etc" And then they'd be Claire and Teddy or Claire and Ted. Or anything else. I have a friend who's oldest is Bernard and they called him Bear. By the time he was five, he was over it and wanting to be Bard. Now he's wanting to be Bern (because it sounds like Burn and he's in that sort of age). Kids change all the time :P

Now, if it bothers you too much and you really want a new name, have you tried another Claire type name that Claire could be a nn for. Clarice maybe? Clarice and Theodore. Or Clarimond/Claribel etc.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

When I hear "Claire," I see a dainty girl, ballerina type, with sleek hair pulled back with a headband, maybe some pearls, and mary-janes. She is quiet, but not shy, and fun. I feel pink, white, and baby blue.

Names that give me a similar feeling (and don't rhyme with Bear!):
    Sophie (I notice this is on your list!)
    Alice
    Amelia
    Grace
    Audrey
    Emily
    Eloise
    Elise
    Cora
    Emma

P.S. I also love Violet and Theodore.

I have a Theodore who goes by Teddy Bear or sometimes just Bear. My close girlfriend has a Claire whom she sometimes calls Claire Bear. It's confusing when were together. Yeah, I would say it's too much for siblings. Maybe they grow out of nicknames and maybe they don't.

Some possibilities (sorry for repeats). I'm not sure if I'm getting your style bc where I live Claire is common, not quirky.
    - Julia
    - Lucy
    - Caroline
    - Daphne
    - Ivy
    - Ruby
    - Naomi
    - Greta
    - Tessa
    - Nell
    - Verity
    - Eliza
    - Amelia
    - Beatrice nn Bea
    - Elsa
    - Mabel

Best wishes!
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"