Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The 3rd Sisiter challenge: Name for Peaceful baby (NN "Moe") bonus for "S"

My third daughter will be born this month (woah, surprise #3!!). I named our first two based on a "sense" of their personality in the womb. First girl is a strong willed teacher of life: Eliyah Khai. Our second daughter is joyful and easy going: Aviva Joy. This baby feels peaceful, grounded and calm and LOVES being in water! Hubby prefers names of Hebrew origin, but could be swayed. While in the womb baby has been called "Mo" as in "More baby", and I love that as a NN. I would like to honor my mother with an "S" initial but could be swayed. Other minor consideration is our entire family is "E" and "A" names, could break the mold or keep it.. (I am Amy married to Erik. Children are Eliyah and Aviva. Siblings to me are Ellen and Alec. Sibling to Erik is Adam married to Elizabeth. His parents are Ellen and Alan.. you get the idea...). I am struggling to find girl name for "peaceful". I REALLY like Salome, but hubby nixes it based on the negative biblical associations- and I get that concerns.. for that reason I like adapting it to be Saloma, but everybody we ask seems to think that is "weird" - we do go for more unusual names.. some contenders for your consideration, would love to hear other ideas!

Saloma Mozelle (meaning "peace" "from the waters")
    Samara Mozelle (meaning "guided by god" "from the waters")

Talia Simone

Annalise (middle name??)
    Simone (middle name??)

Are there any other gorgeous girl names for a peaceful and calm baby that you LOVE. (I would love to use Paloma, but feel awkward since we are not a Spanish speaking family...) Or what do you think of any of the above? Good/bad what do you think? Saloma sounds like Salami??

Help, I am all out of girl names!

Aviva {and} Eliyah {and} Omari {or} Ophira

{Hebrew names}
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

I like the way that sounds. And I am so glad to be getting some help. What about Odeda? I am not sure how to pronounce though? Like Odetta?

Imogen might give you Moe as a nn.
    Serena is a lovely peaceful name you might like.
    Zulema, Shiloh, Pacifica, Jemima, Irene and Olive all have peace connections. How about Amani? It keeps the A theme, and the m might give you Moe - perhaps with a O-initial mn you can swing Moe.
    I'm Claire, an Australian teenberry. I love names and kids, but I'm not going to become a mum for at least ten years. Until then, I'm just playing with possibilities.

For girls, I love:
    Matilda - Iulia - Rosa - Annalise - Linnea - Eva

For boys, I love: Anders - Reuben - James - Jude - Caspar - Thomas

Guilty pleasures are: Blaise - Orion - Caspian --- Madelief - Isolde - Hero

Odeda's nice - I'd go for the Odetta pronounciation too, though I'm not sure. And Samara sounds good - very nice with your sibset. Saloma doesn't sound too much like salami to me, but I can see that she might end up getting called that in the playground.
    I'm Claire, an Australian teenberry. I love names and kids, but I'm not going to become a mum for at least ten years. Until then, I'm just playing with possibilities.

For girls, I love:
    Matilda - Iulia - Rosa - Annalise - Linnea - Eva

For boys, I love: Anders - Reuben - James - Jude - Caspar - Thomas

Guilty pleasures are: Blaise - Orion - Caspian --- Madelief - Isolde - Hero