• Chronicles of Winter

8 44.44%
  • The Rose Princess

6 33.33%
  • The Princess

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Snow White Retelling

Snow White has become Snow Rose in my story. What should I title the series, co-starring Alastair Challenge?

Also, should I stick with Snow White, or change it to Snow Rose or Winter? Do you have any other suggestions?
    Last edited by jillianthebookbutterfly; January 10th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Just "The Princess" is a little bland.

Snow Rose and the Huntsman is distinctive, but at the same time I'd be able to guess that it was a retelling--I'm not sure if that's a positive to you or not. Could work if you focus a lot on the Huntsman, though that could feel very derivative since that movie just came out a year or so ago.

Is there more than one witch? I didn't think there was in the original, but maybe in a version I'm not familiar with or just in your version. Witches of Winter sounds very dramatic, and could work depending on what the focus of your story is. It would be a bit strange if most of the focus is on the huntsman and the dwarfs and such.

I like The Rose Princess--very pretty, though it might be confusing since Briar Rose is so much more associated with roses than Snow White is. But again, if you're focusing on that and you have a lot of plot related to that it could be a good fit.

Chronicles of Winter feels a bit pretentious. Unless your story is 600 pages long and focuses a lot of winter and it's imagery (which doesn't feel very fresh and interesting to me I gotta admit), I'd avoid it.

So, I guess it depends on where your focus is but I like The Rose Princess and Witches of Winter the best.

On your other questions....first I don't understand who Alistair Challenge is......

I like the idea of naming her Winter. What about Winter Rose?
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

Is there a reason she's Snow Rose? Are you mixing it with Snow White and Rose Red? I'd stick with Snow White, or change her name all together if it is a straight forward Snow White re-telling, because I'd assume it was Snow White and Rose Red.

If this is a story about witches, I really like Witches of Winter, which is what I voted for.

I don't like The Princess of The Rose Princess. Winter Princess, Snow Princess, Dwarf Princess maybe, but roses? I wouldn't pick the book up thinking it was Snow White.

Snow Rose and the Huntsmen makes me think of that horrible Snow White and the Huntsmen movie.

Chronicles of Winter only works if it's a series, or told in a historical style, even if it is a made up world.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I thought I had the idea figured out, but at this point, I'm not quite sure. The basic idea is that Alastair Challenge is "the huntsman" in the story and he's a human, Snow White's character is a witch, the story mainly is about witches, and there is a love quartet involving Alastair, Snow White, another woman, and another man. That is basically what I've gotten so far. It's still in it's infancy.