Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    Which do you prefer, Louise or Louisa? Why?

I love that neither are in the top 1000 but are regonizable. Nicknames would probably be Lu and Lulu.

What are the pros and cons of Louise? Louisa?
    My favourite is Louisa

Both are lovely! Louise is very dainty and she sounds like a quiet choice. Louisa is also lovely she feels delicate and elegant. She has a lovely sound her 'ah' ending giving Louisa vibrancy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    Which do you prefer, Louise or Louisa? Why?

I love that neither are in the top 1000 but are regonizable. Nicknames would probably be Lu and Lulu.

What are the pros and cons of Louise? Louisa?

I would choose louisa. It sounds more french and evocative. No matter where you go world wide, louisa sounds pretty off the tongue. Here in the U.S. louise is a very southern name that is said in an AWFUL NASAL manner. Something like : Lou-Wayz, but simply by adding the A, it miraculously corrects everyone's speech. I'm wondering if each name provokes a certain image and that image adjusts the way the name is said. As I said, louise is very southern country women, and louisa is a slinky evocative french flapper girl. So I would choose Louisa. Hope this helps.
    Tcc

I think both are beautiful, but Louisa is my favorite.
    My future ladies:
    Lý, Matilda, Lydia, Píl, Elsa, Anja, Lovisa, Flykra, Annalisa, Elisabeth & Ró

My future gentlemen:
    Ravnur, Oskar, Ùlvur & Linus

Its funny that Louisa is seen as more "French" considering Louise is the French form of the name. I'm also surprised so many people prefer Louise, which I think I prefer as well.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Love both and the nn LuLu is one of the best out there in my opinion. Louisa is one of my favorites though so that one gets my votr
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!