Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I have always loved Paul! I am happy to hear I am not alone. I went to school with a handsome guy from Brazil named Paulo (swoon!) That probably increased my admiration for the name.

I don't know if I could ever convince my husband to use it. He thinks it sounds like someone's elderly uncle (sigh).

Go for Paul or Paulo!

Nope.

It was my granddad's English middle name (Hebrew name was totally unrelated, just a P name) and I really cannot warm to Paul at all. When I think about naming for him, I think Pascoe or Peregrine or Patrick. Or amusing him in heaven - he was a joker - with something like Peacemaker.

Paul feels too Christian for me, really. It seems like a trying-to-pass name to imagine putting on my own kid. I think it was, in the '30s when my granddad was born - I'm not really with that. It doesn't go back any further in my family tree then that, either.

I do like Saul. Could all just be a matter of what you're used to.

I kinda like Pax - so I can see gravitating towards a one-syllable name with more history. I can understand Paul's draw for some, it just doesn't quite work for me. Maybe I need to focus on images of a young Paul Newman?

Paul is a classic name but a little bland. Some of the European choices are more my cup of tea.

I find Paavo, Paolo and Pavlo very appealing (the "o" really gives the names some pizazz). I also like Pavel for its exotic Slavic flair.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Paul's sweet and cuddly, but it feels very 60s to me. I was picked on mercilessly by a Paul in first grade, so I would never consider it for a son.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I have a friend named Paul, so I doubt I would ever use it as a first name, but I do like it - and I'd probably put it in as a middle. I prefer Paul to the European variants though.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly