Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Henry Marcellus

Henry Marcellus

Hello Berries,

I thought of Henry Marcellus in a name game I did yesterday and now it's on my mind. Thoughts on this combination?

Using Marcellus with Henry will open up first name possibilities with Elijah, but I think this combo needs a one syllable name to complete it. The only one I like is Dean, but it doesn't flow well really fit for me. The only other name I think is nice is Jude, but I don't like it enough.

I'm a fan of popular first names with unusual middles, so Elijah never really fit for me. I do love the flow of Henry Elijah, but I want a more unusual name with Henry.

-Dany
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

Henry Marcellus has a very regal sound that I love! I am usually not a fan of Henry, but with Marcellus I actually like it! Although I like it as is I think a one syllable name would be quite nice.
    Some suggestions:
    Henry Marcellus Quinn
    Henry Marcellus King
    Henry Marcellus Wayne
    Henry Marcellus Wade
    Henry Marcellus Vaughn
    Henry Marcellus Grant
    Henry Marcellus Graham
    Some say I'm an angel... Others say I'm a star... But you can call me Princess!!!

Name lover who has a naming style that is Eccentric Aristocratic meets Guilty Pleasure!!!

👑 Pretty 👑

Quinn is way too close to my nephews name. I used to really like it, but luckily I fell out of like with it before he was born.

I haven't even thought of King. It was my grandmothers surname and I had it in my Henry Elijah combo before, but took it off. Does it sound too fancy or snobby with Henry Marcellus?

I don't like Wayne, Graham, Wade and Vaughn.

Grant is growing on me.

Thank you!
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

Henry Marcellus is lovely and strong, but I'd prefer Marcellus Henry. I often wonder at people using the more interesting (as in, unusual/eye-catching) name in the middle. Obviously if you love Henry more it should be the FN, but Marcellus is more memorable so IMO it's better for Marcellus to be the name people think of when they think of him, if that makes sense?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I definitely understand how Marcellus is more memorable. One of the reasons I personally prefer to have unusual names in the middle is pronunciation issues. While Marcellus and Alaric might be more eye-catching, they have a bigger chance of being pronounced incorrectly than James and Henry. With Marcellus, I also don't like the shortening of Marcel and I love the popular names more.

This might seem odd, but I can't see my potential children carrying the more unusual ones well.
    Ice Cream!