Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions?

Opinions?

I'm having a little boy in June and I'm really stuck for names right now. I have a short list so far, and I don't really love any of them:

Esca Charles - I'm not sure if it's too strange or outdated.
    Arthur Frances - Arthur was my dad and Frances was my grandad. I love them both, so out of everything this one is my favorite
    Sapphire/Saffron - too girly? I just really love the sound of it on a boy, and I've never really heard of anyone called Saffron so maybe it could work? I'd rather have honest opinions from you guys before making an actual decision on these two names.
    Zane - Zane is my current favorite boys name, but I'm kind of worried about the references to Zayn from One Direction. I mean, I love the guy but he's not why I love the name, you know?

I prefer Arthur Frances. Zane is a fine, just not really my style. I would worry about Esca being constantly asked whether he said Ezra.

Saffron sounds quite girly to me. I realize that spices are genderless, but I would definitely raise my eyebrows if I met a boy named Saffron. I would have a similar reaction to Sapphire with an added curiosity as to whether the name was a nod to an author I rather dislike. And I can't bring myself to suggest you spell it Safire, which would bring to mind a truly magnificent writer and also seems slightly more masculine.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Arthur Francis is a very nice name. I like Esca and Saffron better than Zane. Sapphire is very feminine.

Arthur Frances is wonderful, I love the name Arthur!

Zane is one of my favorites as well. It just feels cool but not trying too hard.

What about Arthur Zane?

Sorry but Sapphire/Saffron feels both girly and weird to me. Partly I think because of Sappho.

I've never heard the name Esca before, but my first instinct is to say "esca later".
    Does it have some significance to you?
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I vote for Arthur, it's such a handsome but not very common name. I am sure every boy would like the great King Arthur reference. Do you have any other middle name ideas? I don't really like how Arthur flows with Frances, honestly.
    Esca is unusual, could you tell me more about it? Charles is fine.
    I feel that Zane is very It-sounding. It's a name as cool as you can get though, I know a cute little Zane and he is is so adorable.
    I don't think Sapphire is too girly. I can see a handsome smarthy eastern prince, a la Aladdin with that name. Saffron, though, is definitely more suitable for girls.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby