Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pandora

I feel like Pandora is equivalent to Eve. They were both women who brought evil into the world (in myth). If Eve is useable, so is Pandora. I almost think using the name is justified by debunking these old stories of women being naturally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lerenard View Post
    I feel like Pandora is equivalent to Eve. They were both women who brought evil into the world (in myth). If Eve is useable, so is Pandora. I almost think using the name is justified by debunking these old stories of women being naturally bad.
    This is more or less how I feel. I feel the same way about Delilah; it's a lovely name that I don't let those kind of associations ruin for me. I really like Pandora (enough to put it in my signature names) and the nn Panda and I think there are enough varying associations with it now (the jewellry, Pandora radio) that some of the stigma is kind of lost. I, personally, always think of Pandora Braithwaite from the Adrian Mole books and Pandora from the tv show Skins before the myth anyway, but that's just me.
    20 year old writer, uni student and name nerd.

Ramona Grace ~ Rowan Sarah ~ Audrey Elizabeth ~ Reagan Felicity ~ Francesca May ~ Zelda Stephanie~ Briony Auden ~ Alba Emily ~Sinead Louise
    Maxwell Louis~ Timothy Jack~ Adrian James ~ Julian Bradley~ Edmund Vincent~ Byron David~ Basil Henry~ Franklin Shay~ Asa Stephen~ Alasdair John

Quote Originally Posted by lerenard View Post
    I actully feel the same way about Eve as I do Pandora. Although obviously many people accept Eve as usable I just don't get it. i wouldn't use Delilah either.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I wouldn't use Eve, Pandora, Lilith, Jezebel or Delilah.
    Actually, I wouldn't use Cassandra either because she wasn't believed.

I adore Pandora and would use it in a heartbeat. I love Greek Mythology and understand the myths behind the names but it doesn't stop me from loving the name. It's fresh and quirky, and I stand by the fact that children can and will make fun of any name...