Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pandora

I've always been Pandora fan! I love nn Panda too

Uh.. am I the only one stunned that there are people who named their children Pandora and Lucifer?

First stunned and now laughing. People are crazy.

See, because this is my religion and I'm a priestess of it, I tend to know more about the stories than other people do :P So when other people sum up Persephone that way, I can say "Well actually, that was Zeus' fault too because Hades never kidnapped Persephone. He came to Zeus asking to be allowed to marry her and Zeus agreed. So Hades wasn't kidnapping her, he was taking her as a bride as was agreed upon by him and Zeus the way a lot of girls were put into arranged marriages at the time." So it looses some of the meanness that way.

But yes, the deep conversations about these Greek names are really interesting and I know the depth of a lot of the stories more than most people do so you should feel free to email me if you want to have a conversation :P

My friend who named his son Lucifer is a Luciferian and lives in a very non-Christian part of the country. His opinion is that he should be allowed to honor his god the same way other people are allowed to honor theirs. Whether you believe it or not, Pandora gets more remarks about her name than Lucifer does about his.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Love Pandora and think it is gorgeous!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Favorite girl names: Alice, Anastasia, Athena, Aurora, Calliope, Cordelia, Daenerys, Daisy, Eleanor, Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Isadora, Jessamine, Mirabella, Ophelia, Persephone, Seraphina, Tatiana, Violet, Willow

Favorite boy names: Arthur, Atlas, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, James, Leopold/Leonidas, Oliver, River, Roman, Thaddeus, Solomon, Walter

Interesting feedback. I didn't expect such passionate answers! I feel a bit more educated about Pandora now.

On a side note, I'm really nosey and want to know what little Pandora's middle name is but my sister didn't know, lol.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl