Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cullen as a middle name - need help! :)

Hello all,

Me and DH are in a deadlock at the moment over a middle name for our DD. Having originally decided to leave the middle name blank, we've now decided that her middle name will either be Caitlin (pronounced Katlin) to honour my grandmother's middle name, or Cullen - a Scottish town near where we live and a name that we both like the sound of. However, the meaning of Cullen is "handsome lad" - not great for a baby girl and the Twilight connection when used as a surname slightly worries me.

I'd really appreciate your impressions - I keep seeing the name Cullen on vans or streetnames at the moment and it feels like a sign that we should use it but I'm just not entirely sure.

Thanks

Caitlin, one hundred percent.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

The Twilight craze will die down soon and it'll be long gone when your child begins school. But to be safe, Caitlin.

I couldn't quite tell - do you live in Scotland? If you do I'd say there is no issue with using Cullen as a middle name. I'm so used to seeing surname names/place names etc. in the middle spot for girls here so I don't think the fact that it is 'masculine' makes a difference. About the Twilight thing - if you live near Cullen people are more likely to think of the place than of Twilight (I certainly would) so I don't think it would be a big deal.
    I really like the sound of Cullen as a middle name.

Caitlin. But honestly, MNs just aren't that important to anyone other than name snobs.

eta: using name snobs affectionately here, and including myself
    Lilibeth Pearl - Odette Lysandra - Allegra Snow - Zinnia Ophélie - Hera Magdalen
    Emery Lawrence - Viggo Augusten - Johan Irving - Anders Maël - Jules Quincy - Magnus Luther