Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'm not from Liverpool but my dad is, and loads of my family, and I happen to spend a lot of time there (I'm actually getting the train tomorrow to go shopping because Newcastle is the dullest place ever).

Liverpool itself has a fairly bad reputation in the UK (although I think people are light-heatedly snobby about most Northern towns, even when they're from them there's a sort of self-deprecating culture; I think that's the English in general) but it's my favourite city - go to Bold Street! It's the best for cafes/quirky bookshops/good charity shops/vintage clothes shops/ethnic supermarkets. There's a massive vintage/indie shop called Revival or Resurrection or something... it's my favourite! There's this urban legend about Bold Street being a time-slip area too which I find fascinating.

Eh, I can't think of much. The beaches are a let down (come to Northumberland for that! - avoid Cornwall at all costs). True-Scouse accents are the best. Look out for orange girls in their pajamas/hair rollers picking up bread and milk in 'the Asda' on a Saturday morning.

Ooh and I've actually been to Edge Hill Uni once to a concert! It seemed lovely... ha, sorry, not much insight there.
    Jemima Rosemary - Eilidh Briar - Fenella Beatrix ✿ Alec Huw - Emmett Nicholas - Rufus Caspian
    Billie, Magdalena, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Agnes, Imogen, Amelia, Medora, Lettice, Annabella.
    Dylan, Breccan, Rhett, Oscar, Ingram, Harrison, William, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton.

✿✿✿

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/

I'm not from Liverpool, but my grandad and best friend are, so I can share this bit of info with you:

Everton and Liverpool FC (soccer teams) are arch rivals, Everton's the blue, Liverpool's red, mixing them up isn't a good thing to do (been there, done that! :P)

Scousers talk relatively quickly, so it can be quite difficult to understand them at times (when I first heard a proper Scouse accent, I burst out laughing, they have a tendency to sound a bit comical when they get going into a rant).

A good example of a proper Scouse accent (so I've been told) would be Andy Brown from the band Lawson (which originated in Liverpool). He's from Ormskirk, but he has a fairly thick, Scouse accent.

Here's a clip of when he took his bandmates on a tour around Liverpool - he's the one with curly hair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHTOK7iGjfg

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post

Everton and Liverpool FC (soccer teams) are arch rivals, Everton's the blue, Liverpool's red, mixing them up isn't a good thing to do (been there, done that! :P)
    And never use the 's' word here. It's football only, hence Liverpool FC Also, Liverpool and Everton aren't arch rivals at all, we're frenemies, lol. We'll certainly go for it during a match but we'll also stand up for each other if anyone else tries to have a go at us. Man U and Chelsea are Liverpool's arch enemies

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    True-Scouse accents are the best. Look out for orange girls in their pyjamas/hair rollers picking up bread and milk in 'the Asda' on a Saturday morning.
    I wish I could say this didn't happen in the city centre but it does x_x You never see it in Southport though nor in my area. I'd be surprised to see it in Ormskirk. There are normal parts of Liverpool, I promise. People do tend to tar us all with the same brush though Especially southerners.
    Last edited by renrose; January 9th, 2014 at 08:11 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    A good example of a proper Scouse accent (so I've been told) would be Andy Brown from the band Lawson (which originated in Liverpool). He's from Ormskirk, but he has a fairly thick, Scouse accent.

Here's a clip of when he took his bandmates on a tour around Liverpool - he's the one with curly hair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHTOK7iGjfg
    I didn't actually have a difficult time understanding him at all. Hopefully it'll be like that for most people. One of my bigger fears is that I'm not going to be able to understand anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    Liverpool itself has a fairly bad reputation in the UK … Eh, I can't think of much. … Look out for orange girls in their pajamas/hair rollers picking up bread and milk in 'the Asda' on a Saturday morning.
    I'd heard that Liverpool had a bed reputation. I was originally planning on studying in London, but there's a chance that my financial aid wouldn't cover everything (it will cover everything at Edge Hill), and financial aid is the only way I can afford to study abroad. So I switched universities. Besides, I can't imagine that Liverpool is as touristy as London, so I can actually get some English culture, instead of just tourist stuff. And those girls sound very amusing.
    Tabby
    College student, nerd, Pinterest addict.

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."

Belles: Eleanor/Elinor, Isabel/Isobel, Cleo, Estelle, Angela, Virginia, Ruth, Caroline, Georgia, Cassidy, Magnolia, Elizabeth, May (*any of these names may be prefaced with Mary, Anne, Anna, or Jane)
    Beaus: James, Alden, Emery, William, Russell, Howard, Chandler, Colby

Quote Originally Posted by tabby View Post
    I'd heard that Liverpool had a bed reputation. I was originally planning on studying in London, but there's a chance that my financial aid wouldn't cover everything (it will cover everything at Edge Hill), and financial aid is the only way I can afford to study abroad. So I switched universities. Besides, I can't imagine that Liverpool is as touristy as London, so I can actually get some English culture, instead of just tourist stuff. And those girls sound very amusing.
    I promise you, it's fine. I live here and have lived here my entire life, I should know
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.