Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Convince me!

Convince me!

I've been thinking about Boaz more and more lately, and I've started to doubt my love for it. I fell in love with it because it was spunky, and unusual, and I love (and I do mean love!) the story of Ruth and Boaz in the Bible. One of the most beautiful and romantic stories. Plus, my grandmother was Ruth, and I thought Boaz was the coolest, cutest, funkiest ways to honor her on a boy, and I lovelovelove the nn Beau/Bo. Or at least, I've grown to love it--I liked it when I fell for Boaz, but after I fell for Boaz, I also fell for Beau. There's really only two ways I've found that I like to honor this grandmother--Lily for a girl, and Boaz for a boy--and I'm a bit hesitant to let it go, and I do love the significance, but I'm just not as excited about Boaz as I am my other options. Does Boaz even sound like a name, really?

Any Boaz lovers out there? I know it's not a popular choice, but it seems like people either ADORE it or hate it. Can anyone "see" a Boaz? What would he look like, act like? Is it honestly just too out-there?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I too love the story of Ruth and Boaz and I think it's a cool way to honor your grandmother but I personally don't like the name. It's a bit harsh sounding to me. But I think I can kind of see it if it was an official name but he went by Bo. I just can't imagine anyone going by Boaz fulltime.
    Southern Belles:
    Aurora Daisy

Audra Rose, Bridget Ivy, Calla Elizabeth, Celia Grace, Emilia Daisy, Georgia Eloise, Halle Charlotte, Lorelei Anne, Lydia Violet, Mirabelle Jane, Rosalie Eden

Handsome Gents:
    Lincoln Gatsby

Abel Thackeray, Abram Sawyer, Everett Foster, Ezra Carver, Grayson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Marshall Hugo, Nathaniel Elliot, Sumner James

eh... I'm not really a fan, the name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. When I see it I automatically think of the Boa Constrictor snakes.
    Girls: Arabella, Kismet (Kizzy), Kalel, Cypress, Saffron, Vienna and Leighton

Guys: Caspian, Matteo, Levi, Beckett, Easton & Marlowe

teenberry, name lover, writer

I'm not really a fan of Boaz. It has a weird sound, and truthfully, it sounds like something that you would name your dog. I much prefer Beau.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Lilia | Jane | Persephone | Alice | Ariadne | Nicoletta | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Basil | Abram | Thomas | Samuel | Paul | Tobias | Ambrose |
    Pondering:
    | Cora | Cosima | Delia | Lena | Raphaela | Balthazar | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

It's definitely unusual, but I really like it. Especially with nn Bo!
    I'd imagine it on a dark haired boy who's very compact and tough.
    It would definitely have to be with the right family, it's far from standard.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin