Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Prudence

We named my daughter Pruitt after a friend with that as a surname. I loved the nn Pru and so we went for it.

We always get a great reaction from her name! It's never, "Oh!…That's nice." It's always, "Oh my gosh! That's such a pretty name!"

I really like Prudence. I know two; one goes by Prue and the other by Prudy. They are both very funny, sweet and popular girls. Neither of them have ever been teased. I think it's a gorgeous name!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

All I see is prude. It's pretty in theory, I think the character played by Shannen Doherty on Charmed wore the name well, but I don't think it's quite feasible in real life.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I really like Prudence. A lot of people say she will get teased because of the "prude" part, but honestly everyone's name is tease-able. We had a Jeremy at my junior high, and they turned his name into a sexual joke. Teenagers can make anything dirty. It really varies on the child, not just the name IMO.

I secretly love it because of Charmed, but I don't think it's completely usable nowadays. I know kids will tease for basically anything, but Prudence is a name that I consider very tease-worthy because it's very stodgy nature and 'Prude'.

What about something like Penelope Rue nicknamed Pru/Prue?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund