Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Challenge: Boy name to honor a grandmother Rose/Rachel

It is quite possible that my son will be the last great grandchild of my late paternal grandmother Rose. Her Hebrew name was Rachel. I would like my son's middle name to be in honor of her, either beginning with an "R" or otherwise connected to Rose or Rachel (meaning: ewe). We want the name to be Jewish (or at least Jewish-friendly, if that makes sense) or, even better, Hebrew.

So far, we have Lior (pronounced lee-OR) (which really doesn't have any connection other than the "r" at the end but which we both like) and Ro'i (which both starts with an "R" and which means shepherd, but which I don't love).

Any other thoughts??

Thanks!

What about Raphael honouring Rachel? That's a Hebrew name, isn't it?
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I second the suggestion of Raphael. Ronen is another favorite of mine.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I like Raphael too. Some more suggestions: Ram, Rueben/Ruven, or Jubal (means "ram's horn").

Did she have a middle name?