Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The strangest, coolest, or most akward name in your family?

Hi everyone! Please share the truly memorable names in your family. Could be terrible baby names given, special legacy names, or off-the-wall ancestral monikers. I'm looking for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks in advance for sharing your stories!
    Mommy to Travis Nevin and Baby #2 is due first week of April 2015
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Katherine "Ada Kate" ...or... Tessa Charlotte ...or... Florence Imogen

I have a few on my mom's side!

My mother's name is L@Jetta Sue. Supposedly my grandmother got the name from a radio soap opera. Needless to say, she goes by Sue.
    My aunt (my mother's sister) was given the name Benis Wi11ene. My grandmother said Benis was the female version of Benjamin, which was my grandfather's name. She went by Wi11ene.
    The other sister's names were a bit more normal. Const@nce Gale (Connie) and the twins, Lonna F@ye and Donna K@ye....don't ya just love the rhyming? :/ F@ye and K@ye have been fabulous for middle names in my family though and if I ever have another girl, her middle name will be Const@nce.
    Mama to Layla Hattie and Vivian Faye

#3 due March 21st, 2015!

Girls~ Evangenline~Domino~Freya~Salem~Cleo~Jane

Boys~Mac~Fox~Olin~Harlan~Malachi~
    Lane

I have ancestors named Hallock and Asenath. Hallock fought for the north in the Civil war. I even have a pic of him in uniform. And Asenath (also spelled Asenith and nicknamed "Sennie") was his wife. I was curious about her name, so I researched it. I found that Asenath is the daughter of Poti-phera, the Egyptian wife of Joseph. Some scholars believe she was actually an Israelite, daughter of Dinah, adopted by Egyptians.
    My great grandmothers' names were Gertrude, Mary Jane, Hilda, and Florence. Yikes!
    Florence had a sister born in 1919 named Vida Belle. Isn't that the perfect 1920's name?!
    Hilda was the daughter of MAthilda... I guess she was a junior, after a fashion.
    One ancestor's name was Seamon, a name I've never seen anywhere else.
    In my husband's family Anna, daughter of Merril, married a Merrill, son of another Anna. They weren't very creative back then, I guess.
    Attractive names in my family include Penny, Aurelia, Frederick, Florence, Lucy, Celia, Zelia, Jacob Wren_____ , and Regina
    Mommy to Travis Nevin and Baby #2 is due first week of April 2015
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Katherine "Ada Kate" ...or... Tessa Charlotte ...or... Florence Imogen

My grandfather was born as Italo, no middle name, and hated his name his whole life. Finally his mother let him change it to Francis after the church he was baptised in. He went by Frank after that, and named his son Frank, and I would love to have a Francis one day.

Other family names:
    Nunzio
    Isabella (not a strange name, but it's pretty bad with rhyming surname Atell@)
    John (not a strange name, but how about 3 brothers all named John who went by John, Jack & Jimmy)
    Nettie (I think Antoinette)
    Fritzie (I think Alfreda)

My family has a LOT of people named Fanny
    21-year-old name collector
    Dreaming of:
    Audrey Kate • Arielle Loren • Kira Tegan • Charlotte Avery
    James Aro • Henry Wilder • Julian Beckett • Asher Wyatt
    Other crushes: Liora, Isla, Laurel, Ezra, Everett, Tanner