Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I have triplet cousins who all look similar and are Chase Alexander, Chase Alexandre, and Chase Alecsander. As they've gotten older they go by Chase, Lex and Alec but when they were younger they all went by 1, 2 and 3.
    They were born two weeks before my brother who was to be Chase Alexander and is now a Cole Alexander.
    Same side of the family has a Skeeter and a Dog who was born Stephan and legally changed his name.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by xbluejayx View Post
    I've got some good ones on my mother's side...

My beautiful grandma was Seb astiana, which she absolutely hated. She took great pride naming a lot of us hehe... Her children are Jos é Carl os, Carl os Orle ans, goes by Orle ans, Ce lso Ant ônio and my mother Elizab eth Cris tina. As for female cousins Raíssa (pronounced Hah-ee-ssa), Gi gliola, she goes by Gi ly, Gi, Gigi and sisters Grazi elly, nickname Grazi which is adorbs, and another sister May ara, nickname May (pronounced Mai). Males Leonar do, Ia go, Alex ander. My brothers Paulo Gio vanny & Kay o. Can't forget my own, Thaís.

On my dad's side I have an aunt Sora ia, a cousin Mari a Eugê nia, she goes by her full name, which I find beautiful. Just to name a few.
    bluejay.. are you Brazilian? eu tenho uma cunhada brasileira.. and your family's name seem Brazilian to me! :-)
    Mommy to Travis Nevin
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Scarlet ...or... Amity Lorraine ...or... Florence Aurelia

Crushing on: Dorothy Caroline Leona Nadia Selena Bettina Aurelia Maxwell Alexander Forrest Barrett Regis Leto

Some of the strangest...

Willie Quitman - She was one of my great-grandfather's cousins. Willie wasn't uncommon on girls around the turn of the century when she was born. I was always so intrigued by the Q though and tried to think of what Q names could have been given to a girl in rural Alabama during the 1890s. Imagine my surprise when I found out her middle name was Quitman. I have absolutely no idea why she received such a masculine name. I thought Willie Quitman might have been after a political figure at first because that side of the family was very active in politics. I haven't been able to find a Willie Quitman or a William Quitman anywhere though.

Inerree - I haven't the foggiest idea where this one came from. As far as I can tell my great-great-grandmother is the only person to have ever worn this name. Her siblings' names weren't unusual for the time period, but this one...

Hachaliah - Hooray for my 5th great-grandfather and his astonishingly rare Biblical name.

Mins - This one got passed around on one branch of my family. It took me forever to learn that Mins is an old nickname for Benjamin.

Plez Dewey - There is a story behind this one, but I think this post is getting to be long enough.

Glovenia, Hazeltine, Marcenia, etc - Hooray for the numerous elaborate inventions of the mid 1800s.

Manoah - another astonishingly rare Biblical name
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by traceytruby View Post
    I don't know if this kind of thing is exactly what you were looking for but my sister's husband had been previously married and his ex- wife has the same first, middle (and now last) name as my sister! My aunt remarried and her new husband shares the same name as her ex-husband! My brother divorced his wife and got into a serious relationship with another girl of the same name as his ex-wife! His best friend divorced and recently remarried a new wife with the same name as his ex-wife and daughter! I am not kidding or making this up! I have a theory about it all that names are so telling of a person's culture, socioeconomic background, age etc. that it actually kind of makes sense that someone would choose the same name in a partner more than once in life!?
    That is exactly what I was looking for! Down right bizarre. But your theory does make sense... hopefully the second time is the charm for all of these new relationships... on the plus side, I guess those individuals won't have to worry about calling out the wrong name at an inopportune moment! lol
    Mommy to Travis Nevin
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Scarlet ...or... Amity Lorraine ...or... Florence Aurelia

Crushing on: Dorothy Caroline Leona Nadia Selena Bettina Aurelia Maxwell Alexander Forrest Barrett Regis Leto

Cool (to me, anyway. All direct ancestors):
    Apolline
    Augustin
    Domithilde
    Basil

Strange (and bad - all ancestral cousins born c. 1890 - 1930. Mercifully, not direct):
    Tessiebelle (named for grandmothers Teresa (Tess) and Annabelle)
    Merceann (named for grandmothers Mercedes and Ann; possibly the ugliest name I've ever heard in my life)
    Johnita (they wanted a boy and presumably didn't know a single one of the legion female forms of John)

And living (very distant) relative:
    Candy Kane (I've met her. She's real.)
    Last edited by isolieth; January 5th, 2014 at 09:59 PM.
    Susanna, Gwendolen, Thomasin, Paloma, Lucille
    Basil, Wilfred, Hugh, Augustin, Edmund
    ... and hundreds more