Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Lindsay, nn...nothing! No one has ever called me by a nickname, which kind of saddens me. Only on very seldom occasions would my parents call me "Linds". On the up side, I never got name teased with the name Lindsay. It might be nickname/teasing immune...?

I'm okay with it. I used to hate it as a kid, but I've made my peace with it as an adult. Even though I don't love it, however, I can't imagine being anything but Lindsay now! I guess that is how it goes with a lot of names, they sometimes become so inextricably linked to who we perceive ourselves to be that it's hard to imagine being named something else (even if you're not in love with your name).

My only real thing with Lindsay is that "a" spelling of the name is the less popular than Lindsey with an "e". My whole life, people have constantly misspelled my name -- even if I spell it out for them! That gets annoying, for sure.

What a great thread!

My name is Agatha, nickname Aggie, and I have said quite a few times throughout this forum that I really do love my name. I didn't always love being 'strapped' with (what's still considered) an 'old lady' name, especially growing up in the 90's, with Jessicas and Jennifers. But the older I am, the more I appreciate it. It's not unheard of, yet I have never met another in my 26 years.

I generally get good comments in person, although around the internet it has quite a bad reputation. My nickname, Aggie, which I'm known by virtually 100% is very approachable, without being too cutesy, IMO. It's grown with me very well. The trendy Maddie and Addie have clouded that love ever-so-slightly, though.

Bottom Line:
    Negatives: It's widely considered an old-lady name. Many, many people think it's 'ugly'. The popular Maddie and Addie have started to cloud my love for Aggie

Positives: It's unique while still being familiar. It's easily to spell and pronounce. It has grown with me very well. I think it's beautiful, personally!

Agatha Louise - 'Aggie'
    Proud Step-Mom To
    Maddox Owen | Ryker Matthew
    Expecting First Biological Child - Little Girl - June 2014

Abram | Abel | Breccan | Brooks | Foster | Killian | Macsen | Milo | Silas
    Aurelia | Ever | Eloise | Madigan | Maeva | Noa | Romilly | Rowan | Wren

My name is Abby, just Abby on its own not Abigail. I have had issues with my name for a while but over the last year I have completely changed and really don't mind it now. I think this is because I changed my middle name last year! My original name was Abby Lorraine, which I absolutely hated. I hated my maiden surname too! I decided when I got married last year I would change my name to Abby Lily, after my Grandma who died recently. I can't even explain how much happier I am with my new name in its entirety, it's so much nicer and makes me like the name Abby more. I even write my name as Abby Lily all the time now too.
    I've always had problems with the spelling and people accepting Abby is my whole name! My mum once told me that she was looking through a baby name book when she was pregnant and got to Abby and loved it so much she didn't read any further! Which I guess it quite sweet. Interestingly my dad hated my name and wanted to call me something else! Neither of them could remember why they chose the mn Lorraine which helped me be okay with changing it.
    GIRLS
    River | Luna | Ezri | Winter | April | Lyra | Annika (Anni) | Piper

BOYS
    Atlas | Miles | Hunter | Casper | Indiana | Jem

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    I have always kind of detested my name. It's really uncommon here and people mispronounce/misspell it constantly. I have considered changing it to Celia, but I don't know. I have used Eliza, an anagram of Zelia, a couple of times and I've liked that.
    Zelia is a BEAUTIFUL name, IMO! Eliza and Celia are both lovely, but Zelia sounds so mystical

Quote Originally Posted by aggielou View Post
    What a great thread!

My name is Agatha, nickname Aggie, and I have said quite a few times throughout this forum that I really do love my name. I didn't always love being 'strapped' with (what's still considered) an 'old lady' name, especially growing up in the 90's, with Jessicas and Jennifers. But the older I am, the more I appreciate it. It's not unheard of, yet I have never met another in my 26 years.

I generally get good comments in person, although around the internet it has quite a bad reputation.

Bottom Line:
    Negatives: It's widely considered an old-lady name. Many, many people think it's 'ugly'. The popular Maddie and Addie have started to cloud my love for Aggie

Positives: It's unique while still being familiar. It's easily to spell and pronounce. It has grown with me very well. I think it's beautiful, personally!
    How sad that Agatha has a bad reputation! I think it's gorgeous and timeless.
    I know what you mean about a 'bad reputation', though - every time anyone mentions Jemima on a forum, everyone bashes it because of the syrup (??) connection (I'm not very knowledgeable about this - I live in Australia). It's not much fun having a name that online people hate!
    Oh well, at least we love our own names
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

I'm Ebony mostly known as Ebs (or Eb or Ebsie or countless other nicknames) I'm alright with it its mid popularity and almost everyone knows one. I don't like the fact that its a colour name and I'm white with blonde hair which apparently shouldn't suit me (the name with blonde hair I mean). I hate it when people sing Ebony and Ivory to me especially since they only know one line it seems and I'm not named after it either.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com