Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good Name for a Pirate?

Hello! I'm stuck on what name to use for a particular character in a story that I'm working on. He's a young, dashing pirate captain. I love the name "Killian," but feel that I cannot use it because it's already been used for a young Captain Hook in the TV show Once Upon a Time.

I am interested in Irish names, Old English or historical names, and names that are different or unique. My pirate will be somewhere between the ages of 25-28 and he will have black hair. He makes a temporary truce with his number one enemy (partially for the sake of two young women) in order to fight off a greater villain. He's not completely a villain himself because he has good inside of him.

The list of names that I have so far:
    Armando (love how it sounds)
    Collin
    Collins
    Sabastian or Sebastian (love how it sounds)
    Donovan
    Pierce
    Chandler
    Ewan

As you can see I need good names! Suggestions and opinions are appreciated. Thank you.

From your list, Sebastian, Collins, and Ewan are my favorites. If you call him Sebastian, you could give him the nn Bash or Brash. As for other suggestions:

Sawyer
    Cormac
    Jameson
    Diarmad
    Keegan - instead of Killian?

Hope this helped!
    Hannah, 15. Teenberry, story writer, story reader, Gryffindor, human rights activist, and name nerd since 10.

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Thank you! I think I will use Sebastian, only to be unique I think I'll use the spelling Sabastian. Thanks for the nn ideas.

Haig 'Renegade' Swailes
    Clark 'Trickster' Smyth
    Middleton 'Disfigured' Otto
    Delton 'Dishonest' Fawcett
    Easton 'Plankton' Lynk
    Shipley 'The Snake' Vesh
    Joyner 'The Mad' Padley
    Carden 'Honestly' Vance
    Ellsworth 'Toxic' Godfrey
    Anthony 'Striker' Lore
    miranda • 13 • fangirl • dreamer
    writer • student • game of thrones

• boys •
    rafael • adrian • emmett • aaron • jared • raynor • niccolo • richard • philip

• girls •
    ingrid • saskia • magnolia • jemsa • isobel • sybil • evelyn • amalia •mary • haizel • cosima • helena • leonor • blanche • florence • paulina • josephine

You're welcome Good luck writing!
    Hannah, 15. Teenberry, story writer, story reader, Gryffindor, human rights activist, and name nerd since 10.

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.