Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solace?

Solace?

I met a girl through my boarding school program named Solace. I was so surprised by her name that I asked her to repeat and spell it, before realizing that it was basically like the word. Solace: comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness.
    You guys like it?

~Sky
    Skylar
    A teenberry in boarding school and dreaming of names...
    {Paloma} {Vesper} {Solange} {Xanthe} {Juno}
    {Atticus} {Ptolemy} {Balthazar} {Zephyr} {Atlas}

I love Solace! It is one of my ultimate GPs. My mom has a student in her class named Solace this year and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name (and the girl is a cutie ).
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Solace is strangely appealing in all its pure hippie awesomeness form. A little too out there for me personally to use, but I think it's a great name.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

The weirdest part was, she was a first generation West African-American (like myself) and West Africans tend to stick with classics like Elizabeth and Victoria. And here I thought my name (Skylar) was daring for an African!
    Skylar
    A teenberry in boarding school and dreaming of names...
    {Paloma} {Vesper} {Solange} {Xanthe} {Juno}
    {Atticus} {Ptolemy} {Balthazar} {Zephyr} {Atlas}

Solace is nice, but a bit hippyish for my taste. I prefer Solange, Solenne or Soleil.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby