Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Malcolm

Malcolm

Malcolm has been growing me since someone on another board used the name. I don't like it as a first name, but I've been thinking about adding it to my list of potential middles. It's not as common as my other favorites, which I consider a huge plus. I don't have a problem with popular names, but it's bit tiring to have people saying how popular my favorites names are.

So, thoughts on the name Malcolm?

The 'Mal' of the name doesn't bother me. The associations to Malcolm X and Malcolm In The Middle don't bother me either.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads?
    Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

Rosemary Gloria ~ Madeleine Rhea ~ Caroline Hazel ~ Lilith Rebekah ~ Katarina Beatrice ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Roland Theodore ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Lucian Malachi

In search of middles for: James, Seraphine, Caroline and Elijah.

I really like Malcolm. My BFF had this on her short list for her baby. She ended up having a girl so I don't know if she would have had a baby Malcolm, but I would have been pleased with it. :-) It's familiar but not popular, which I like.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    I really like Malcolm. My BFF had this on her short list for her baby. She ended up having a girl so I don't know if she would have had a baby Malcolm, but I would have been pleased with it. :-) It's familiar but not popular, which I like.
    That's one of the reasons I like it also. What name did she go with for a girl, if you don't mind sharing?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads?
    Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

Rosemary Gloria ~ Madeleine Rhea ~ Caroline Hazel ~ Lilith Rebekah ~ Katarina Beatrice ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Roland Theodore ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Lucian Malachi

In search of middles for: James, Seraphine, Caroline and Elijah.

I really like Malcolm. I suggested it to my husband once, but he said it's "too Scottish". He's too Irish to give his kid a Scottish name, or some such nonsense...
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

I actually quite like the nickname 'Mal' for Malcolm. Its rugged and handsome. As for Malcolm by itself, I love it.
    Kit | Susanna