Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

down to the wire... help me pick a nature/pagan based name for my baby due in a week

Third post about this, and names have changed each time! I'm running out of time, my boyfriend is getting impatient about me picking a name, and I feel no closer to the one!

These are some combinations I'm considering:

Lucina Aurora
    Lucina Rose
    Ember Lucina
    Athena Rose
    Althea Rose
    Adamina Lilac
    Thea Devora
    Thea Ember
    Devora Rose
    Freya Lilac
    Ember Athena

I was a midwifery student, so I really like the name Lucina because she is the goddess of midwifery / childbirth. I also like the NN Lucy. Not sure how my bf will feel about it though.

Here is my full list: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/53413 feel free to throw ANY combos at me.

My first name choice was Hazel. It has been vetoed by almost everyone I know, but I am reluctant to let it totally go, so if there is a combo from that list with it as second or even third name (like two MN) then throw it at me

I like Lucina Aurora and Freya Lilac.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Cecily°Sunniva Eliska
    vote for unusual names

I like all of them. But I strongly favor Athena Rose. Look at it written in cursive... it's beautiful and easy to write. Say it out loud... even prettier. Also, I know an Athena and she is very beautiful inside and out.

If you have any interest in numerology... Lucina Rose contains all the vowels which is considered desirable by some.

Devora Hazel? Easy to say and write, and sounds pretty to my ears

Rose Lucina - a bit more attractive to me than Lucina Rose but both are beautiful. Rose Leocadia was on my own list so I'm clearly biased. I love Rose in itself but it so often just feels filler in the middle? More striking up front.

Nina Lilac & Athena Lilac - I can't decide which of these I love more.

Devora Hazel

Iris Ember - something about being a rainbow's ember, a tiny heart of multi-colour fire, strikes me as very appealing. I also just like all the -er ending but NOT occupational names - Vesper, Ember, Demeter, Imber, Amber, etc.

A moment of being an unlovable spelling pedant: Isidora and Dvora are both legit (if anything Isidora is slightly more old-school correct than Isadora which has been influenced by Isabel/Isabella) and I think they look a bit better? Could just be me. Isidora just looks more Isis-ish, and Dvora is a real Hebrew form and I just think it's more distinct from Deborah which is kind of dated sounding/looking in English.