Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: -x boy names

-x boy names

What are thoughts on the following boy names ending in x. Hate them? Love them? Any new suggestions? They could be stand alone or as a nickname.

Rex
    Max
    Knox
    Dex
    Dax
    Lex

(Not ending in x)
    Saxon
    Dexter

I think they sound very modern and "It". Personally, prefer such names for nicknames, like Max for Maximilian and Lex for Alexander/Lexington.
    Ideas:
    Fox
    Lennox
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student ● Writer ● Name nerd

Constance HermioneSibyl JemimaEmmelineRamona Gwen Esme
    Emrys Basil Atlas Grover LeonardoAlgernonIgnatius Oscar

I'm kind of crazy about the X boy names, and I have a thing for Dax, Lex and Saxon. I draw the line when it comes substituting X in for traditional KS spellings though -- Jaxon is a bit much for me, though I do understand the appeal of putting X in there.

Other ideas...
    Felix
    Fairfax
    Huxley
    Calix
    Lennox
    Maddox
    Halifax
    Pax
    Paxton

...and my pet favorite with a silent X, Devereaux!
    Last edited by saracita00; January 2nd, 2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: typo
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

I love Pax, Paxton, and Maddox. I really like Dex, Dax, and Jax as nicknames. For middle names I really like Knox and Fox.
    Piers Lachlan - Tadhg Emerson - Gray Everett - Bennett Wilder - Addison Birch
    Crispin ? - Roan August - Espen Rigby - Crew Rafferty - ??
    Lilia Rose - Waverly Pearl - Isabel Hettie "Isby" - Coralie Winter - Sofie Wren
    Emmeline ? "Milly" - Everly Marit - Story Anneliese - Teagan ? - Delaney ?

my son

I like some names that end in -x like Felix (which has been a long time love for me since I was a wee kiddo - so like 7. lol.) I also like Rex and think Knox works (though I keep thinking of Fort Knox and eh).

However many of the names you choose I prefer in a longer version so the x would be in the middle except as a nn.

Max, Dex & Lex - I like all of these as nn but personally prefer Maximillian/Maximus/etc, Dexter and Alexander/Alessandro/etc as a given name much more.

(Not ending in x)
    Saxon - eh.
    Dexter - very handsome.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).