Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Taking A Nameberry Hiatus

I've been meaning to do this for quite some time, but, Nameberry, for me, just isn't the same anymore (and no, it's not due to trolls, not directly anyways). I just honestly don't feel as though I fit in anymore. My opinions seem to be a lot different from the majority of the NB community - what I find rude/offensive/judgemental, and when I kindly say it as such (like 'I find that rude, I find that a bit judgemental') it is not taken well. Last night, I actually felt almost like I was under attack, so to speak, due to how another senior member was speaking to me (not listing names or bothering to report it, it's just easiest if I take a break I think).

I know things have changed a bit, and people are split down the middle on what is rude and what is not, and I'm on a different side, but that's just how I was raised.

I don't even think my name tastes fit in on here anymore, Nameberry used to feel like home for me, but, thanks to a lot of 'constructive criticism' (which, actually ended up being DE-constructive critiscism), I don't feel welcome posting the names that I like, or being myself anymore. I'm sorry, but it's true. Maybe I'm too sensitive, I don't know. I liked to think I was strong enough to handle some criticism, and normally I am, but, a few little comments/digs here and there at some of the names I chose, or ones that speak to me as though I'm a child - those are the ones that make me feel unwelcome, and that push me even further into leaving.

I've noticed that a few people I used to be friends with do not post any longer, and I don't know why that is, but, they did make me feel more welcome, and without them, I just don't feel like I fit. It could just be things from the past coming back to me and making me feel insecure (it does happen), but I'm hoping a little time away from NB will fix it.

If there's anyone who does in fact want to continue to talk to me outside of Nameberry, feel free to PM me and I will give you my email, and the usernames I have on different forums.

Thanks everyone, hopefully I came across the way I wanted to.

Love,

Haley.
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/

Well I'm so sorry you feel that way. You know, if you have problems with people you can always PM me or another mod and we can talk to someone and ask them to chill out. I like having you around and I know there are others. I hope you come back at some point.

Hugs! <3
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Well I'm so sorry you feel that way. You know, if you have problems with people you can always PM me or another mod and we can talk to someone and ask them to chill out. I like having you around and I know there are others. I hope you come back at some point.

Hugs! <3
    Thank you, I wanted to PM, but the person who sort of pushed me into leaving seems to be well liked so I didnt want to cause any issues. I'm sure I will come back soon, but I think I need a break. I'll pop in on the Namery from time to time though

*hugs* xx
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/

You wouldn't cause problems. No one is above the rules of the forum no matter how popular they are.

I'll see you over there. People need to be more active over there :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Haley, I've been here for 4 years and I still feel that way. It's really, really frustrating when you suggest something in response to another persons poll, afterwards a "nameberry elite" posts the exact same thing and they get the credit. When my comment is just left in the dust and brushed under the rug because I'm not a favorite. I don't have any "friends" here. I've been here 4 years and nobody seems to care. I still get on and post occasionally because I love names and this site is the least run over by tweens/teens with made up families. It'd be nice to feel like a part of the nameberry family, I don't think people realize it but they are pushing us away. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in feeling this way. I hope that when I responded to your posts I was only helpful.
    Ben & Lainy

Violet Audrey Laine . Lola Felicity Kate . Daisy Elizabeth Joy

Catherine, Juniper, Lydia, Magnolia, Mira/Mirabel, Quinn, Summer, Tessa

Archer Gregory James . Hugo/Leo Benjamin North . Finnick Daniel Sage

Arlo, Asher, August, Beau, Bodhi, Dominic, Ezra, Forrest, Grey, Julius, Theodore