Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Angry Can I rant really quickly?

I need to get this off my chest…

Whenever I bring up one of my favorite "cutesy" names to certain Berries, like Josie, Lola, Ellie, etc., I always get the reaction (these are real reactions said to me by real Berries) "Oh, that's too cutesy for a future world-class lawyer" or my favorite, "That name will never be president!". Names don't define you -- you define them! I have made this point many times before, but here it is again: you don't have to be Elizabeth Marie to be a successful human being. I bet my head that there are strippers out there named Charlotte Rose and lawyers out there named Sparkal Queenz! How many times do I have to say this…NAMES DON'T AFFECT A PERSON'S FUTURE!

Don't get me wrong -- I am not justifying parents naming their children M'Alleigh, Kharyzzmah, etc.. That's just cruel. I recognize that stupid and cutesy names are two different things. But understand me when I say that little Mikkiynzy can be WHATEVER she wants to be. When people make those remarks like, "That's not a name for a future doctor!" that's just wrong. That is like saying even if you have a stupid name, you can't be successful. NOT TRUE!

And names are soooooo subjective. What one might view as stupid, another may view as a beautiful name with meaning. Bottom line: no matter what your name is, you can be successful in life.

DISCLAIMER: This is not directed at anyone in particular, nor am I trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to get my personal thoughts out there
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

I totally agree. While I despise trendy messy names (nickname names like Josie I don't find a big deal), I've always known that at the end of the day, a name is just that - a name. It won't affect one's success, health, popularity, happiness, talent, intelligence, or likability as a person. McKinseliza could be the next Oprah, and Imogen could live in a cardboard box on the streets of Detroit.
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by larkub101 View Post
    I totally agree. While I despise trendy messy names (nickname names like Josie I don't find a big deal), I've always known that at the end of the day, a name is just that - a name. It won't affect one's success, health, popularity, happiness, talent, intelligence, or likability as a person. McKinseliza could be the next Oprah, and Imogen could live in a cardboard box on the streets of Detroit.
    Totally agree with this

100% agree
    - Favorites -
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Rainbow Baby Due June 2, 2015 -

I agree, I like Jamie and Finley for a boy, but I know they're likely in the 'cutesy' zone. I also like Millie for a little girl, but because I have a serious confidence issue, and the comments from others in the past about how cutesy it is have deterred me from it. Look at it this way:

A girl I went to school with (so she's about 18-19) named her daughter Lowla. Lola with a W. She didn't get nasty comments or hate, so I think Lola is just fine :-)

PS; I love the name Josie
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~