Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    So if it's French, it's automatically sophisticated instead of cutesy?
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    So if it's French, it's automatically sophisticated instead of cutesy?
    oui oui aha couldn't resist that, but yeah, it seems that way.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    Nameberry has become increasingly worse for that, being rude over a name you dislike. What ever happened to just saying 'nms'?
    Personally, I try not to say just "nms" because it's so vague and doesn't help the person much. I always like to hear why people like or dislike certain names, even if I don't agree with their reasons. I've learned not to take it to heart (most of the time). But if I've offended anyone, I'm really sorry and hope you'd tell me so I realize.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

The book Freakonomics has a very interesting chapter about names and the effect they have on our lives. It's like PP said, it's more an indication of socio-economic upbringing than the actual name itself...although studies DO suggest that names have serious impact with potential employers. So much so, in fact, that there are entire groups of people dedicated to removing names from resumes and job applications, to make it more fair to the Sparkel Qweenies of the world.

http://freakonomics.com/tag/baby-names/ - there's a podcast, etc. on the subject.

Regardless, the examples you gave don't really belong in this category! They're cute - but they certainly won't hinder her life any more than Charlotte will help hers. Those comments are just ridiculous!!

Agatha Louise - 'Aggie'
    Proud Step-Mom To
    Maddox Owen | Ryker Matthew
    Expecting First Biological Child - Little Girl - June 2014

Abram | Abel | Breccan | Brooks | Foster | Killian | Macsen | Milo | Silas
    Aurelia | Ever | Eloise | Madigan | Maeva | Noa | Romilly | Rowan | Wren

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    Jorja is actually a Spanish equivalent of Georgia as well.
    This article was from an Australian magazine and there's a very low (like, extremely low) Hispanic community in Australia. Any child named Jorja is almost definitely not of Spanish descent, nor are her parents choosing the name because of its Spanish roots. It's simply creative spelling.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter