Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Olympia is not weird!

Dallas has been on the U.S. Top 1000 every single year since 1880 (kind of shocking, I know), so it's very well-established on this side of the ocean, despite being not my style whatsoever. I'm quite sure it's been used in the U.K. over the years, though maybe more sparingly.

I definitely don't think Bramwell, Denton, Olympia, Perseus, Porter or Tucker are "bizarre," either. The latter two in particular are totally on-trend here in the States.

Lohan is unfortunate and saddening, but not unexpected, I guess. If people are using Winslet on their kids, it was only a matter of time.

Drey and Peppa seem like typos.

Pepsi, Puppy and Vogue are pretty damn weird, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by esrever88 View Post
    Peppa seems like a typo.
    Or after a certain cartoon pig... *sighs*

Sorrel, Perseus and Olympia are perfectly legitimate first names. The rest can be chucked.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I like Sorrel and Bramwell, though I'm not sure if I would actually use them.
    I think unusual is a better word for them. I saw the article, London (on a boy) and Olympia were on the list because they were saying the London Olympics must have influenced the parents.
    Porter, Boden, Lohan, Dallas etc seem to me to be much more in the American naming style which might be why they make the list - they're not bizarre but they're also not typical for the UK.
    I can't believe someone named their child Geordie! Thats like naming them Scouse or Londoner!
    I find Bounty, Luck, Nirvana, Nolly, Paradise, Pepsi, Pinky, Puppy, Reem, Tea, Tiger, Tru and Vogue really strange names. I mean Pepsi?! Reem?! Tea?!
    Last edited by kirstenlouise; December 31st, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Reem is probably another transliteration of the Arabic girls' name Rim, which means "white antelope" (according to Behind the Name).

Tea is the usual spelling of Thea is some European languages.