Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noah

Noah

DF is set on Noah again I as really digging Gustav but talk me into Noah, I like it but its so popular! so I have some questions

1) How many do you know and how old, also where do you live?
    2)full name would be Noah Rupert Anderson, opinions?
    3)any sibling suggestions? middle names for brothers would be Russell, John, Michael or Gray (to honour a Gary) and middle names for sisters would be Laurel, Darla, Margaret/Pearl, Isobel/Helen
    4) also do you have any nicknames for Noah? they can be a stretch

Thanks
    Last edited by hailey; December 30th, 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: added a question
    Nursing Student- class of 2014, 3 down! 2 to go...
    <3 Jesse's Girl <3
    Top Names
    Noah Rupert
    Bria Aurelie // Maisie Alora

may start TTC late 2014/early 2015
    seeing how things go

1) How many do you know and how old, also where do you live?

I know 3, one about 16, one 5, and one 2.

2)full name would be Noah Rupert Anderson, opinions?

I like it, but Noah Rupert Gustav Anderson would be better imo

3)any sibling suggestions? middle names for brothers would be Russell, John, Michael or Gray (to honour a Gary) and middle names for sisters would be Laurel, Darla, Margaret/Pearl, Isobel/Helen

Hmm.
    Eli Russell
    Oliver Gray
    Griffin Michael
    Arthur John / Archer John
    Evan Russell
    Carlisle Gray
    Edwin Michael
    Arlo John
    Gavin Russell
    Alexander Gray
    Jude Michael
    Kellan John
    Tate Russell
    Carson Gray
    Elliot Michael
    Silas John
    William Russell
    Solomon Gray
    Hunter Michael
    Tyler John
    2 littles calling me Mommy, Waiting on #3 & 4 through our first adoption

Zev (15.06.09) & Koa (25.04.11)

Anybody else have an opinion?
    <3 Jesse's Girl <3
    Top Names
    Noah Rupert

seeing how things go

I love, love, love Noah. So so much. I wrote a story probably when I was in the seventh grade, or so, and I used Noah for one of the little boys, and I just thought it was so cool, but I was too chicken to like it for an actual child of mine, because I thought it was completely unusual and nobody would ever want to name their son Noah these days (boy, was I wrong!). When I finally got on name boards and realized how cool Noah was, it shot straight to the top of my list, and then it shot straight to the top of the SSA list.

A high school frenemy of mine used it, so I always end up thinking of her (le sigh!) when I hear it now, but I just came across a Noah at work the other day, and as soon as I saw the name on my computer screen, I just melted inside! How I miss Noah. I wish he were more unusual, because he's just so lovely! (I just need someone to be really, really convincing and help me see Noah in all the glory that I once did. ) I miss Noah, and I think he sounds so great with my top choice for a girl (Isabelle and Noah! How cute would that be?!). Noah Rupert is handsome. I have liked Noah Atticus, Noah Abbott, and Noah Elliot in the past several years... And Noah Anderson sounds great for a full name.

As for siblings, I don't know! I think something vintagy and funky like Felix or August could work, but also something Biblical like Hiram, Gideon, Ezra, Eli, Caleb, Benjamin, or Samuel, as well. For girls, I like a lot of my favorites with Noah, but that could just be my general style (Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, Violet, Rachel, Lillian, Charlotte, Eleni, Hannah, Eva, Emmeline, Tess, Catherine, Hazel, Lucia...). I think Penelope, Emilia, Felicity, Josephine, etc. would be great with Noah, as well.

I honestly don't think Noah needs a nn, but all I can think of is No-No (like the dog, from the Wizard of Oz! haha).

As for Noahs I know personally, I don't really know any personally, but I do know of my classmate's son, who is probably about 3 now? And I've come across a handful of grown ones (2-3, in the late 20s to early 40s range...). And two characters, one age 4 and one age 25 or so.

Good luck!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

any others?
    <3 Jesse's Girl <3
    Top Names
    Noah Rupert

seeing how things go