Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question How would you pronounce these names?

How would you pronounce these names?
    I love the name Delilah but my partner always brings up negative connections for the name and while I was searching I found the similar name Dalila.
    So how would you pronounce the name Dalila? Would it be different from Delilah?

I pronounce them
    Delilah "De-lye-la"
    Dalila "Dah-lye-la"

What do you think of Delilah and Dalila?
    Vote on my name list
    Alpha Names

Girls
    Clara Willow Grace. Ingrid/Indira Tallulah Quinn. Romia Scarlett Blythe. Freya Meredith Eve.
    Athena Juliet Gwen. Maia Vivienne Rose. Ruby Wilhelmina Jane.

Boys
    Bryce Leopold Walter. Emmett James Asher. Silas Malachi Heath.
    Alaric Hugo Keir. Evander Josiah Kane.

Trying★
    Coralie Margaux Anne.
    Henry Perseus Joel. Hugo Perseus Reid. Alec Perseus Reid

Monosyllable Names

Looking at Dalila, I firstly pronounce it dah-lee-lah.
    Even if you spell it differently, the similar pronunciation will bring up the same negative connections for your husband, I imagine.

Do you like:
    Lila/ Lillia
    Delia
    Keturah
    Keziah?
    Eliza Jane - Madelyn Iris - Lina Mae - Nora Adeline - Zoe Winter - Liv Eleanor - Thea Evelyn

Ronan Isaac - Owen Evander - Kai Alexander - Nathan Levi - Jonah Benjamin - Reuben Archer

I'd prn Dalila Dah-LEE-lah.

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Maj ♥ Molly ♥
    ♥ Pelle ♥ Viggo ♥ Joar ♥ Ingo ♥ Tore ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

I'd say: deh-LYH-lah and dah-LEE-lah (the latter being the way we pronounce Dalila in Danish).
    Zelia • XXII • I run everythingroyalty and export names from Greenland & Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Lórien • Alexander Adelin Pemba "Sasha" • Atticus Aksel Ivik • Oscar Edmund Igaluk
    Nor Valdemar Oisín • Saxo Endellion Bertil • Asa Bjørnstjerne Theo • Vincent Folke Bastian

Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Asta Ivalo Galadriel • Aviaaja Catherine Françoise "Avi" • Evelyn Estë Cleopatra
    Olga Alvaret Lúthien • Anna Alvilda Bonaparte • Augusta Lydia Dagmar • Edith Faraday Antoinette "Edie"

I'd pronounce both as Dah-lye-lah and just assume the latter name was a kree8tiv spelling... (it's just the name Lila with Da in front of it)

I'm personally not a fan. I understand the biblical objection but the idea of changing the spelling to get around your partner's objection seems a bit silly to me (also, I'm not sure it will achieve its intended goal). That's just my two cents.