Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I like Cecile and Cecilia the best! I think Cecile gets my vote for its unusualness, but I do really love Cecilia. I also really love Coralie, and the nn Cora's adorable.

I love the suggestions of Capucine and Cecily, as well. A few other ideas:

Charlotte (popular, but och, I love it!)
    Catherine (maybe too classic for you? I sort of love the French pronunciation, cah-TREEN, though)
    Clara (although I think I've heard this is super popular in France, so maybe it's too popular?)
    Cassia
    Catalina (I quite like this with Oliver, Evangeline, Fleur, and Maximilien, actually, and the nn Tali/Tally would be adorable! Not to mention Kate or Lina...)
    Cerys/Carys/Charis/Karis (I believe Carys/Cerys is Welsh, and Charis/Karis is Greek? I like the Greek origins more, but they're both lovely)
    Camilla
    Camellia
    Cordelia
    Coretta
    Chiara
    Ciara

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

My pick of your list would by far be Cecilia! One of my all time favorite names. Except for the fact that it means "blind." I've loved it ever since I read Chaucer in high school.

Of other posters' suggestions, I love love love Cecily!!! and I think it goes best with your middle name

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    I pronounce Cecily SESS-il-ee and Cicely SISS-eh-lee.

With Celina, it looks lovely on paper but I've just never fallen in love with the whole Selene/Silena/Selena/Celina family. Same goes for Celine, which does remind me an awful lot of Celine Dion. I like Cecilia, though there's a lot of the "s" sound, and it starts to sound like "sissy" after a while. Cecile is also lovely, but I would be concerned particularly if she might be spending time in either England or America that it might get mistaken for the boys' name, Cecil.

And, for good measure, a couple more French C names:
    Candide
    Cosette
    Calais
    Cerise
    Capucine
    Celie
    Cachet
    I really like Celie for a nickname!!! I think it might work as a nickname for all my favourite names? I've discarded Celine (for the 'Dion' reason!).

I think the reason I'm finding it so hard is that names which sound so beautiful in French (Celine & Cecile) sound so old fashioned in the UK!

Front runners for me at the moment are Célina & Cecilia (and I'm leaning towards Cecily more and more!) - neither of which are particularly French and at the end of the day that is where the children are primarily brought up!

Harriet, mother of 4 (almost 5!)

Oliver Augustin 24/11/06

Evangeline Ivy 04/03/08

Fleur Eloise 08/10/09

Maximilien Lucas 17/02/12

Baby 5 DUE 01/06/14

Aida Astrid Cecily Cecilia Celina Clementine Coralie Cordelia Eloise Elsa Evangeline Felicity Flavie Fleur Ivy Lavinia Lux Poppy Romilly Rosalie

Augustin Cassian Cassius Caspian Casper Charles Hugo James Jasper Lucas Lucien Lucius Magnus Maximilien Oliver William

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I like Cecile and Cecilia the best! I think Cecile gets my vote for its unusualness, but I do really love Cecilia. I also really love Coralie, and the nn Cora's adorable.

I love the suggestions of Capucine and Cecily, as well. A few other ideas:

Charlotte (popular, but och, I love it!)
    Catherine (maybe too classic for you? I sort of love the French pronunciation, cah-TREEN, though)
    Clara (although I think I've heard this is super popular in France, so maybe it's too popular?)
    Cassia
    Catalina (I quite like this with Oliver, Evangeline, Fleur, and Maximilien, actually, and the nn Tali/Tally would be adorable! Not to mention Kate or Lina...)
    Cerys/Carys/Charis/Karis (I believe Carys/Cerys is Welsh, and Charis/Karis is Greek? I like the Greek origins more, but they're both lovely)
    Camilla
    Camellia
    Cordelia
    Coretta
    Chiara
    Ciara

Good luck!
    Cordelia is edging onto my list! It used to be my favourite name- I used to know a very beautiful girl called Cordelia so it has always appealed to me!

Catalina is SO pretty! I'm just never sure about place names... Love 'Lina' as a nickname though (used to have the name 'Lena' on my list- which works very well in France).

I love the name Kate/Cate also, whether a nickname for Catalina or Katherine! (I couldn't decide between Evangeline Kate or Evangeline Ivy back in the day!)

Its funny you should mention Cerys/Carys. I grew up pretty close to the Welsh border, my dad was Welsh and a lot of my family lived/still live there! It brought back memories! It is such a beautiful name, just not sure how it would fare in France.

Thank you for your help! I'm an indecisive mummy at the moment!

Harriet, mother of 4 (almost 5!)

Oliver Augustin 24/11/06

Evangeline Ivy 04/03/08

Fleur Eloise 08/10/09

Maximilien Lucas 17/02/12

Baby 5 DUE 01/06/14

Aida Astrid Cecily Cecilia Celina Clementine Coralie Cordelia Eloise Elsa Evangeline Felicity Flavie Fleur Ivy Lavinia Lux Poppy Romilly Rosalie

Augustin Cassian Cassius Caspian Casper Charles Hugo James Jasper Lucas Lucien Lucius Magnus Maximilien Oliver William

haha! I'm actually not too much of a Carys fan, personally--it seems like everyone's always excited about how it's such a beautiful Welsh name, and they never seem to look toward anything else. I do have quite a bit of Welsh ancestry in me, so I've always found it overrated for some reason. It's a nice name, but maybe that's why I like the Greek Charis/Karis more. And ha! I didn't even think of the place with Catalina, just that it's a form of Catherine. I never really gave it much attention before, but there is a Catalina on here who goes by Tali, and I thought it was the coolest option! (And, well, my sister is Natalie "Tallie", so I just like Tally, in all her various forms, haha.) I just think Catalina is so unexpected and cool, and it has a ton of awesome nns. I'm also a big fan of Lena! I've been considering Eleanor nn Lena lately.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George