Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Siblings for Nora?

I stepped away from here for a while because I was getting bored and frustrated. I still like the names in my signature, but nothing is really sticking out like it did when we chose our daughter's name.

So, I'm asking for some suggestions to have me consider new names, names I've overlooked or simply give new light to names already on my list. This means you don't have to suggest or even comment on my names in my signature if you don't want to; you can simply name some names that come to mind that you think would go well with Nora. It's really up to you.

Not sure if this matters, but my husband has light medium brown hair with some red and blond highlights; he has blue eyes. I have darker brown hair with red highlights and hazel eyes. Our daughter has blond hair and depending on the light, it looks either more dirty blond or strawberry blond; she has her daddy's blue eyes.

Our last name somewhat limits us more than one would think. It sounds similar to Ellicott so it rules out most names containing "El" or ending in "t."

Thanks in advance.
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Griffin (Finn). Euan. John (Johnny).

Sylvie. Iris. Gwyneth (Gwen). Daphne (Effie). Piper.

First, I love Nora! Very pretty! The very first name that came to mind while reading your post was Hazel! I've always thought that Nora and Hazel would make a great sibset.

Nora & Hazel
    Nora & Piper
    Nora & Alice
    Nora & Josephine

Nora & Ewan
    Nora & Miles
    Nora & Max
    Nora & Henry

These are all great sibsets from your signature!

A few others that I think work well...

Nora & Amelia
    Nora & Sadie
    Nora & Isla - too similar?
    Nora & Esme

Nora & Felix
    Nora & Wyatt
    Nora & Jonas
    Nora & Gage

I really love many of the names in your signature - I understand getting 'bored' with your own favorites, I've experienced this as well!

Are you expecting? If so, congratulations!

Good luck & Happy naming!

-Aggie-

Agatha Louise - 'Aggie'
    Proud Step-Mom To
    Maddox Owen | Ryker Matthew
    Expecting First Biological Child - Little Girl - June 2014

Abram | Abel | Breccan | Brooks | Foster | Killian | Macsen | Milo | Silas
    Aurelia | Ever | Eloise | Madigan | Maeva | Noa | Romilly | Rowan | Wren

Your boy list
    I love Dean, Miles, Finn, and Declan with Nora.
    Suggestions
    Ronan, Griffin nn can be Finn, Leo, Tristan, Hugh, Flynn (my favorite)
    From your girl list
    I love Piper ( but not with Nora), Elise, Josephine, Gwyneth, Mary
    Suggestions
    Maeve, Isla, Gwen, Emilia, Freya, Tabitha, Felicity, Kate, Carys, Cassia, Zoe
    TTC Baby #1
    My Teddy Bear (aka my puppy): Rufus (4-24-13)
    Maeve-Keira-Gwen-Freya-Anna-Eve-Adeline-Claire-Arianne-Lila-Elsa-Cosima-Elowen-Lena-Cassia-Faye-Liana-Piper-Violet-Cleo-Nina-Carys

Sean-Cillian-Ronan-Declan-Finn-Rhys-Owen-Miles-Lorcan-Graham-Kai-Jack-Ian-Cullen-Emmett-Lucas-Cormac-Archer-George-Alexander

GP: Perseus-Hamish-Mason-Shep-Cassian-Asa-Lavender-Elula-Winter-Mireille-Ophelie-Azalea

Quote Originally Posted by aggielou View Post
    First, I love Nora! Very pretty! The very first name that came to mind while reading your post was Hazel! I've always thought that Nora and Hazel would make a great sibset.

Nora & Hazel
    Nora & Piper
    Nora & Alice
    Nora & Josephine

Nora & Ewan
    Nora & Miles
    Nora & Max
    Nora & Henry

These are all great sibsets from your signature!

A few others that I think work well...

Nora & Amelia
    Nora & Sadie
    Nora & Isla - too similar?
    Nora & Esme

Nora & Felix
    Nora & Wyatt
    Nora & Jonas
    Nora & Gage

I really love many of the names in your signature - I understand getting 'bored' with your own favorites, I've experienced this as well!

Are you expecting? If so, congratulations!

Good luck & Happy naming!

-Aggie-
    Thank you so much for your feedback! I really love Hazel as well, but I'm torn because of our last name. Not sure if this makes sense, but the ending in Hazel isn't a pronounced "El" sound like in our last name so they don't exactly run together, but they're still close and clearly share the same letters. So, I'm just not sure how I feel about it.

As for your new girl suggestions, I like them all. Amelia was a top name for a while, but the enormous popularity of Mia made me throw it out because that's the only nickname I really love. Sadie is cute but it's my aunt and uncle's dog's name. I have always loved Isla, but I do feel like it's too close to Nora, unfortunately. Esme is the main one that made me perk up. I've always overlooked it due to the Twilight craze, but it really is a gorgeous name. Definitely a name I will seriously consider adding to my list!

Felix is a name that I feel I should like, but I'm just not feeling it. Same with Jonas and Gage. I really like Wyatt, but with it ending in a "t," I don't like it with our last name. :/

I am not currently pregnant, but we're in the initial stages of gearing up to TTC.
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderbelle View Post
    Your boy list
    I love Dean, Miles, Finn, and Declan with Nora.
    Suggestions
    Ronan, Griffin nn can be Finn, Leo, Tristan, Hugh, Flynn (my favorite)
    From your girl list
    I love Piper ( but not with Nora), Elise, Josephine, Gwyneth, Mary
    Suggestions
    Maeve, Isla, Gwen, Emilia, Freya, Tabitha, Felicity, Kate, Carys, Cassia, Zoe
    Thank you! Several of your suggestions have been on my list at one point or another! Ronan, Griffin and Hugh have all been on my list, but Ronan just didn't have staying power for me and I'm not sure why. I still like Griffin and Hugh, but my husband vetoed them both - he said Griffin just makes him think of Family Guy and Hugh makes him think of an old English man. :/

As for the girls, Maeve, Isla, Emilia, Freya, Tabitha, Katherine/Kate, Carys and Zoe have all been on my list. In fact, Nora's name was almost Catherine Elise nn Cate. I still love the name, but with myself and my husband having such popular names, but couldn't bring ourselves to use Catherine. I do still sometimes have a little remorse about it, even though I love Nora's name. We actually call her Nora Cate sometimes because her middle name is Cathleen. Carys was in our top 3 when I was pregnant with Nora, but we just didn't think it quite fit for her. I don't know, you're making me think I need to reconsider many of these names.
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites: