Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickhaeyla!?

I mean, the least she could have done is went ahead and added a silent -h and -e to the end. Geeze. Go big or go home!

But seriously. I would have just commented on there, "no."

There are a few 'alternative' Michaela spellings that I like, because Michaela just seems too masculine to me. I like
    Mikayla
    Makayla
    Mikala
    and
    McKayla
    (I'm partial to Makala but only because I know the cutest little girl with the name. It seems absolutely butchered)
    But... Makala is NOTHING
    NOTHING
    Compared to Mickhaeyla.
    I don't even know how you would... What? Just why?!

Quote Originally Posted by matti12 View Post
    There are a few 'alternative' Michaela spellings that I like, because Michaela just seems too masculine to me. I like
    Mikayla
    Makayla
    Mikala
    and
    McKayla
    (I'm partial to Makala but only because I know the cutest little girl with the name. It seems absolutely butchered)
    But... Makala is NOTHING
    NOTHING
    Compared to Mickhaeyla.
    I don't even know how you would... What? Just why?!
    I just looked again and she explained her reasoning, this is wow

Mick after her grandfather.
    Ha after her maiden name (Halston)
    Eyla after her sister in law.

Mick + Ha + Eyla = Mickhaeyla

I don't even think that justifies it.
    eighteen, no babies yet, but thinking about;

~Tillie, Myrtle, Bessie, Millie, Minnie, Louisa, Amelie, Elsie, Ethel, Florence, Doris, Nellie
    Agatha, Mildred, Lillian, Eleanor, Florrie, Betsy, Violet, Esme, Daisy, Poppy, Martha, Beatrice~

~Neville, Matthew, Richard, Ernest, Alfie, Thomas, Walter, Louis, Christopher, Henry, Harry
    James, Albert, Joshua, Percy, Freddie, Andrew, George, Kit, Edward, Mark, Kieran, Emery, Tristan~

Quote Originally Posted by surprisebehbeh View Post
    I mean, the least she could have done is went ahead and added a silent -h and -e to the end. Geeze. Go big or go home!

But seriously. I would have just commented on there, "no."
    Hahahaha Mickhaeylaeh? That would make it even more confusing! I swear, the first time I saw it, I thought I was looking at a bowl of Alphagetti. The names some people come up with now, it's almost frightening.
    eighteen, no babies yet, but thinking about;

~Tillie, Myrtle, Bessie, Millie, Minnie, Louisa, Amelie, Elsie, Ethel, Florence, Doris, Nellie
    Agatha, Mildred, Lillian, Eleanor, Florrie, Betsy, Violet, Esme, Daisy, Poppy, Martha, Beatrice~

~Neville, Matthew, Richard, Ernest, Alfie, Thomas, Walter, Louis, Christopher, Henry, Harry
    James, Albert, Joshua, Percy, Freddie, Andrew, George, Kit, Edward, Mark, Kieran, Emery, Tristan~

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    This is why we need to teach phonics in school again.
    Agree x1000000. Seriously.

In high school I had a friend named Mikayla. In elementary I knew a girl named Michaela. Not a name I particularly like.. Mostly because there are SO many possible "accepted" spellings.. Let alone 1000 more yewneek ones.

Just yucky on that one though.
    Last edited by cheele; December 30th, 2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Cellular device
    Callista; 21; ♎☉ | animal; long-hair advocate; planner
    Mother to 4 guinea pigs ~ Ganon, Impa, Din, and introducing... Tetra!
    ♂ | Link SorenRiver ShepherdGabriel
    ♀| FawnLunaFaye Rhian Kelsea
    Visit my "About Me" for my full (lazy) list