Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickhaeyla!?

Mickhaeyla!?

So, I happened to be creeping the polls section of another baby name site that I have an account on, and I came across a poll about my sister's name - Mikayla. Except, Mikayla was spelled in the most awful way I have ever seen in my life:
    M-I-C-K-H-A-E-Y-L-A.

MICKHAEYLA?! REALLY!?

To make matters worse, the alternative spelling:

M-C-K-H-A-E-Y-L-A

I actually had to bite my tongue (so to speak) and stop myself from going off on a tangent about how horrible and actually cruel that spelling is. Imagine trying to explain to people that 'no, it's not Michaela' and 'no, it's not Makayla' etc. My younger sister is a nearly 15 year old Mikayla (which is a relatively normal spelling of the name, it used to be in the US top 100), and she constantly has to correct the spelling from Michaela/Makayla/McKayla.

Am I just being cruel or, does anyone else have an urge to thrust a baby name book listing of variants of Michaela into this person's face? (I felt the same way when I saw Saryniti and Alycesaundra on Toddlers and Tiaras)
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

Children having children like to believe they're being yewneek.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    Children having children like to believe they're being yewneek.
    the scary part is, she apparently was married and had two year old named Madalyn...
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

That is bad. It is kind of like emotional abuse to name your child something so horrific to spell. It's a burden they will carry the rest of his or her life, correcting, explaining, writing. I like the name makayla however it is spelled as long as it is not too out there. As far as this name goes, I feel like the following are fine:
    Mikayla or Makayla
    Michaela or Mckayla
    Mckayla, Mackayla, but adding extra vowels and an H is sort of absurd.

That is just awful. I'm not as opposed to alternative/unique spellings as most Berries, but for me it at least has to be phonetically accurate. I'd say Mickhaeyla as mick-hay-lah rather than muh-kay-lah. Why are all those extra letters necessary? Yes, it's unique, but unique isn't always a good thing!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy