Names Searched Right Now:

Unusual biblical names?

I like biblical names like Jonah, Gabriel, and Elijah but I have never thought about the more uncommon biblical names. Ill provide a list below and you guys can give opinions and describe them as more modern, classic, dated, or even just not your style. Here is the list

Joah
    Saul
    Nehemiah
    Jorah
    Obadiah
    Abijah
    Adaiah
    Abram
    Amari
    Asaiah
    Bered
    Dathan
    Eliab
    Ezekiel
    Gideon
    Hazaiah
    Ido
    Jacoby
    Japheth
    Jedediah
    Koren
    Lael
    Micajah
    Nazareth
    Othello
    Oren
    Omri
    Pazel
    Raanan
    Reuven
    Seraphim
    Tiras
    Vered
    Yonah

Joah/Jorah - I think that people are going to think that you forgot the n in Jonah. Jorah is interesting.

Saul - I have a friend in his late 20s whose name is Saul. Maybe because he’s jewish but this strikes me as a jewish name over a biblical name. Not that it wouldn’t work for both - but just an impression I get.

Nehemiah/Obadiah/Adaiah/Asaiah/Hazaiah/Jediah/Jedediah/Abijah - these all feel a little cumbersome and strongly suggest very religious parents. I keep teasing my SO that his confirmation name is Jebidiah because none in his large Irish Catholic family remembers what it is. lol. You could also add Jeremiah to this list. (Which to me with Jediah are the most wearable.

Abram - I think this is a fine name. If you choose Abraham people might think it’s for the president. Otherwise Bram also works well. Abram is a nice, legit contraction.

Amari/Bered/Dathan/Eliab/Omri/Micajah/Pazel/Raanan/Tiras/Vered/Japheth

Lael - nms.

Ezekiel/Gideon - I really like both of these. I would potentially consider Gideon as a fn but I think Ezekiel would be a mn only.

Jacoby - I know a little boy by this name and I always wanted to say Jack-o-be. Which make me think of the Jacobites.

Nazareth - I’m personally warming up to location names but this one is a little too recognizable to me.

Othello - I would think of the Shakespeare play before the bible.

Koren/Oren - I actually love Orrin so I wouldn’t bat an eyelash if someone told me this was their name. I know a Corin so I would feel similarly about Koren.

Reuven - I’d think someone spelled Ruben incorrectly.

Seraphim - I think this is a bit weighty for a fn but I like it as a mn,.

Yonah - I would assume that the average person would think that Yonah was supposed to be Jonah.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)