Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Monster High Names - from Frankie to Elissabat

So, it's Christmas, and I'm the oldest cousin in my family. That means I spend a lot of time watching cartoons (which is a secret hobby lol) and playing with my 5 younger cousins. This year, the youngest, Isabella, who is 8, desperately wanted a Monster High doll from Santa. When I went with my grandma to help choose the little ones' presents, I was very pleased to find out that Monster High was Mattel's monster franchise. Playing with a zombie doll is much more interesting than playing with plain and perfect Barbie, IMHO, and I was glad my cousin thought the same.

Isabella (she goes by her full name most of the time and strongly dislikes Bella) wanted Frankie Stein or Cleo de Nile. They were the daughters of Frankenstein and the Mummy.

I, of course, loved their names, and loved even more to find out that Cleo has a sister named Nefera, and that there're a lot of interesting named teen monsters there. Considering how hard it was to find a Frankie Stein doll, and how a little girl looked at me with pure hatred on her glaze when I got Isabella the last one, I assume it's a very popular show. I googled it and saw it was launched in 2010, so we in Brazil are a little behind US-berries. I think it aired here around 2012/2013.

Some of the names are indeed unasable, like Draculaura, Skelita Calaveras, Robocca (she's a cyborg) and cat-girls named Meowlody and Purrsephone. Some however, are worthy of a second glance. And as my little cousin in more interested in playing with her Frankie Stein than talking about her name (:-(), I thought I would talk to fellow berries about it! =P

So, these are the names I found on their wikia. Do you think any of these is usable on a little girl instead of on a little monster?

Girls:

Frankie Stein
    Howleen, Clawdeen and Clawdia Wolf (werewolf version of Holly, Claudine and Claudia?)
    Ghoulia "Ghoul" Yelps (she's a zombie, I kind of like Ghoulia, halfway between Tulia and Julia?)
    Cleo de Nile
    Nefera de Nile
    Lagoona Blue (sea monster. I think Laguna makes for a nice water related middle name)
    Abbey Bominable (yeti's kid. Who doesn't love a pun?)
    Spectra Vondergeist (a ghost)
    Toralei Stripe (cat-girl, sister of Meowlody and Purrsephone =P)
    Operetta (phantom of the opera's kid =P)
    C.A Cupid (full name Chariclo Arganthone Cupid)
    Venus McFlytrap (I assume she's like Batman's Poison Ivy)
    Rochelle Goyle (a gargoyle. Can't disassociate it from Rochelle Rock, same with Julius)
    Jinafire Long (chinese dragon's kid)
    Skelita Calaveras
    Catrine DeMew (cat-girl)
    Gigi Grant (genie)
    Gory Fangtell (vampire)
    Iris Clops (cyclop...)
    Jane Boolittle
    Scara Screams
    Twyla
    Wydowna Spider (let's consider Wynona for the name discussion, k?)
    Catty Noir
    Boo-Lu Cerone
    Candace and Melody Carver
    Clair
    Honey Swamp
    Lilith Van Hellscream
    Viperine Gordon
    Elissabat
    Whisp
    Rose and Blanche Van Sangre

And boys:

Jackson Jekyll
    Deuce Gordon (Medusa's son)
    Gillington "Gil" Webber (lake monster's son)
    Heath Burns (again, I love puns!)
    Holt Hyde
    Manny Taur
    Voodoo Edu
    Slow Moe
    Lothar
    Kipling
    Romulus
    Simon Clops
    Clawd Wolf
    Brett Redding
    Garrott DuRoque
    Rocco
    Thad
    Valentine
    Eyera
    Cy Clops
    Brocko
    Bram Devein

That's a big list. They have a pretty complete wikia and I have pretty of free time lol.

So, disregarding the puns and the awful sibsets (I'm looking at you, Wolfs and Clops!), what do you all think of some of these names? Is any of them usable on a non-monster kid? Do you like any?

(Obs: I didnt know if this was the right place to open the thread, if it's not, feel free to move it! It's my first thread, so I apologise in advance.

Obs 2: Sorry for the childish theme, but I spent a lot of time watching Monster High with my cousins this Christmas, and since many of you are momberries, I figured some of you may know it.)
    Last edited by carolinemchd; December 27th, 2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: grammar corrections

___Caroline. 21 year old from Brazil.________________________
    _ Clara | Beatriz | Cecilia | Antonia | Maria | Luisa | Alice
    Tomás | Raul | Bento | Santiago | Vicente | Gael | Max
    ______________________ law student and fulltime couch potato

proud mama of 2 lovely kittens: Frida and Margot. ๑(•ิ.•ั)๑

These are the ones I like:

Frankie
    Cleo
    Nefera
    Laguna
    Abbey
    Operetta
    Catrine
    Catty (I think Catrine nn Catty is cute)
    Gigi
    Iris
    Jane
    Clair
    Blanche
    Holt
    Heath
    Bram
    Brett
    Rocco
    Cy
    Romulus

I'm intrigued by Viperine, Elissabat and C.A Cupid's full name Chariclo Arganthone.

In case anyone wants to know, the cousins are named Caroline (me), Gisella, Flavia, Victoria, Gabriela and Isabella. The boys are Victor, Vinicius, Ricardo, Ivan and Henrique (my brother). The sibsets are Caroline and Henrique, Gisella and Ivan, Flavia and Gabriela, Victor and Ricardo and Isabella is an only child.

And as an extra:

As you can assume from my signature, English is not my mother language. Portuguese is. I'm a long time nameberry fan, but just recently decided to have a part in the forums, in order to improve my English. So please, if I made any grammar or spelling mistakes, or used some verb or word in a wrong way, I ask for you guys to correct me. I will truly apreciate it. I re-read all my posts several times to check for mistakes, but some might slip! Thank you all in advance!

___Caroline. 21 year old from Brazil.________________________
    _ Clara | Beatriz | Cecilia | Antonia | Maria | Luisa | Alice
    Tomás | Raul | Bento | Santiago | Vicente | Gael | Max
    ______________________ law student and fulltime couch potato

proud mama of 2 lovely kittens: Frida and Margot. ๑(•ิ.•ั)๑

Here's what I think would actually work for human girls and boys. Though many of them are not names I would choose.

Girls:

Frankie
    Cleo
    Abbey
    Venus
    Rochelle
    Catrine
    Gigi
    Iris
    Jane
    Twyla
    Wydowna
    Candace
    Melody
    Clair
    Honey
    Lilith
    Elissa
    Rose
    Blanche

Boys:

Jackson
    Gordon
    Heath
    Holt
    Hyde
    Manny
    Romulus
    Simon
    Brett
    Redding
    Garrott
    Rocco
    Thad
    Valentine
    Eyera
    Cy
    Brocko
    Bram
    Devein

I mixed first and middle names together as separate potential. I think my favorite names from the lists are Lilith and Thad. Those could be really cool on a child.
    ~Alice~
    A little boy is joining our family around May 25, 2014.

Top 2 Names: Theodore and Ronan.

I hate to be "That" person... but you kinda forgot Draculaura (dracula's daughter)

Wait nevermind XD you posted it on 'unusable' (I only have this information because my younger cousin visits frequently and brings her favorite Draculaura doll)