Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I think Theodore is wonderful. I don't understand why it gets much flack from commoners (what I pretentiously refer to people who don't use Nameberry as). If you love the name, stick with it. If your family dislikes it so much, they can just call him Theo or Teddy, but don't pass on using a name you love just because your family dislikes it. xx
    not expecting, just collecting.

Theodore Isaiah is a great name that will grow very well with your son as he grows. I wouldn´t worry too much about their opinion, since you all love his name. All the best luck

I think it is a great name. I also wonder if the 3-year-old slipped up, and Grandma was trying to get her two cents in. If so, shame on Grandma for sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. (Disclosure: Theo was the boy name that I picked when I had my child. I was a little sad not to get to use it... not that I don't love having a girl! But I love that name.)
    Mom to the delightful Be@trix He1en Luci11e (2011)

Loving Margaret (nn Maisie), Louisa (nn Lulu), and Frederick (nn Fritz) for future children.

McDonak1 - how funny! Our 2nd daughter is Beatrice Lucy! We must have very similar taste in names

I think it's a lovely, classic sounding name. It sucks your family are being unpleasant, but at the end of the day this is your baby and his name is your choice. If you and your husband like it, that's all that matters.
    Rowena Louise

Whovian. Gamer. Name Lover

Violet Seraphina • Isobel Cassidy • Zoë Linnea • Xanthe Cordelia • Hazel Amaryllis • Elizabeth Briar

Theodore Atticus • Adrian Rhys • Ciaran Lucas • Oliver Maxwell • Elijah Felix • Kaiden Matthias