Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Octavia

Octavia

I am currently crushing on Octavia with the nn "Tavi." I love the combination of a strong sounding name with a warm and friendly nickname.

What would be a good middle name? I thought of Octavia Juliet, but is that too much Shakespeare in one name? I would love to her other ideas!

Also, who would her siblings be (brothers or sisters)? I thought of Genevieve with the nn "Evie," but Tavi and Evie are probably too close for sisters. Any other ideas?

Genevieve and Octavia are darling together! How about Guinevere as an alternative?

Octavia and Rosalind. Octavia and Penelope. Octavia and Edward.
    Octavia Juliet is a very beautiful name, but I agree, it's a bit too much Shakespeare. I'm not a fan of the nickname Tavi, but then again that's just personal preference.

Octavia Elizabeth, Octavia Isobel, Octavia June, and Octavia Guinevere actually sounds quite nice, but I don't know if it's a bit too heavy.

Hope I could help a little <3
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

For me, Octavia Juliet is too much Shakespeare for one name, but it might not be a problem for you if you really love the combo! I also think Evie & Tavi are too close.

I love Octavia!

alliecat: Octavia Guinevere is absolutely gorgeous, but it is a very big and heavy name. I think Octavia Elizabeth is very wearable though! Great suggestion! As far as Guinevere as a first name, I guess Gwen in the obvious nn...what about Vera as a nn? Would that be too close to Tavi? Tavi and Vera. Hmmm...

Octavia Juliet sounds gorgeous! Strong and powerful but elegant and feminine, like an ancient queen or well-to-do Renaissance noblewoman, who wants the best possible situation for her family and obsessively arranges marriages into influential families for her children.

From the suggestions above, I love Octavia Guinevere which gives me the same kind of vibe. I love Elizabeth but to me it holds Octavia back too much, not letting her be dramatic and shine.

I actually had to look up which play Octavia is from, despite my love of Shakespeare. I don't think you'll be getting constant "like the character" comments.

I could see the following as siblings for Octavia:

Anastasia
    Lucretia
    Melpomene
    Araminta
    Heloise
    Melisande
    Atalanta
    Morwenna
    Morgana
    Proserpina
    Cosima
    Helena
    Persephone
    Beatrix
    Lysandra
    Philomena

Leopold
    Peregrine
    Percival
    Sebastian
    Aloysius
    Deveraux/Devereaux
    Attilio
    Ferdinand
    Altair
    Ganymede
    Maximander
    Gawain
    Faramond
    Eglamour
    Arthur
    Theodore/Theobold/Theophilus
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Victoria, Diana, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy... don't love many boys' names!