Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I knew a Xiomara (pr. zee-oh-mah-rah) She was about 19/20 years old and she went by Xio. I had never heard of the name before, but she wore it well. I really like it!

I went elementary school with a girl name Xiomara. Now she is an adult (graduated from college) and that name has lasted her for her entire life (even in highschool- yes we ended up in the same high school as well).
    From experience that name is more than usable and people will get accostomed to it.
    I think it is similar to/better than Siobhan as Xiomara is at least pronounced similar to the spelling.

For those who asked, the girl I knew pronounced it See-oh-mah-rah or Zee-oh-mah-rah. (not sure which is the right one as I haven't seen her since highschool which has been a few years).

Like annelore the girl I knew was nicknamed Xio (Zee-oh or See-oh)

Quote Originally Posted by rainierloner View Post
    Xiomara is a bit extreme for a little girl.
    Just remember she won't always be a little girl. Xiomara will eventually grow up.

I think Xiomara is a lovely name, but I have a hard time seeing it on an adult, a mother, or grandmother. I feel the name is very youthful and cannot withstand the test of time.
    just a confused teenberry.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    algernon | alistair | corbin | leo | malcolm | pierce | raphael
    anastasia | beatrix | cordelia | felicity | georgia | helena | ramona

Xiomara is very unique, but if you have more children, won't it be hard to find names as unique for siblings? Natalia is my favorite of the other three.

Reminds me of the contestant on America's Next Top Model (where I first heard this name). I like it!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Favorite girl names: Alice, Anastasia, Athena, Aurora, Calliope, Cordelia, Daenerys, Daisy, Eleanor, Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Isadora, Jessamine, Mirabella, Ophelia, Persephone, Seraphina, Tatiana, Violet, Willow

Favorite boy names: Arthur, Atlas, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, James, Leopold/Leonidas, Oliver, River, Roman, Thaddeus, Solomon, Walter