Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When did you tell your kids you were expecting?

How long did you wait to tell your older children you were expecting another child? I've had my fair share of baby loss, and my daughter is almost 4, so I've been hesitant to talk to her about it directly. But, she is picking up on things when I'm talking to my husband. I'm just curious when the right time will be. I'm still early in my 1st trimester.
    Mom to Emberlee Shea. Expecting #2 Aug 2014.

We told Agnes (18mo) at the same time we told people other than our parents so she wouldn't be confused if someone mentioned it, we went public at 14 weeks. We didn't talk about it much or start to read her books about babies etc until six months as until she could 'see' it we, pat the bump and feel kicks we thought it was a rather abstract concept for her to grasp. She is delighted with her sister (they share a room) and it all went very smoothly from the get go.

I'm sorry for your losses and hope all goes well this time.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

We told Maeby after my 2nd ultrasound at around 9 weeks. I had to tell people at my work earlier because I've been terribly sick. I am 11 weeks today, and Maeby is so helpful when I need to throw up, getting me water and tissues and giving me hugs. She gives the baby hugs all the time too. She is very excited to be a big sister! I am glad we told her when we did!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Aerie - Aevry - Romy - Xanthe - Wylie
    Miles - Zefram - Eli - Ephram - Gannon

My son was very young and only nineteen months when I got pregnant with my daughter. We really didn't censor what we said around him however we didn't really make a big fuss about it until we'd told our families at 11 weeks (Thanksgiving) and that was more other people making a big fuss to him about becoming a big brother. As my stomach expanded and he grew older he figured out more about it and we talked about the baby. When I was in the third trimester we started really talking about the baby and how his life was about to change. If we have a third then I would probably tell my kids when we tell everyone else after the first trimester is over.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

We told her when I was about 20 weeks. We just didn't feel she needed to know before then.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.