Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Revising my name lists. Help!

I'm just not feeling a lot of the names on my list anymore. They're not terrible, they're just not...great. I like interesting, unique, look-at-me first names with interesting, generally positive meanings. My middle names tend to be more traditional and serious with historical meanings, but I'm not so stuck on that anymore.

I still *love* Ksenia, Cosima and Caspian. I'd like to move away from the "C/K" names because it gets a little repetitive after awhile! I'm having a particularly difficult time with boys' names.

Names I like, but aren't on my signature list yet:
    Merida
    Eileen
    Maeve
    Saoirse
    Lyra
    Aderyn
    Aerona
    Linnea
    Bryony
    Ceridwen
    Carys
    Elysia

Ronan
    Ciaran

Signature names:
    Élodie Rosamund Clara~Ksenia Margaret Jane~Beatrix Anna-Louise~Aurelia Charlotte~Eloise Matilda~Genevieve Amaya~Coralie June~Cosima ???
    Augustus Johann Milo~Cyrus Donner~Albert George~Emery Thaddeus~Alistair Everett~Caspian Hugo
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

Well I’m glad to hear that Ksenia isn’t going anywhere. It’s a guilty pleasure of mine. (I have such a girl crush on Ksenia Solo and her character Kenzie in Lost Girl - but I just don’t ever see me seriously considering it).

I love these names that you are considering:
    Merida, Maeve, Elysia, Ceridwen & Linnea

You could also consider:
    Lyonesse, Mavis, Talitha, & Iris.

Your “new" boys list isn’t quite as exciting to me. I do really like some of your old ones. Have you considered Cedric, Thiago and Torsten?
    Last edited by lexiem; December 27th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by sidura View Post
    I really like and love: Elysia, Carys, Bryony, Linnea and Merida.

But when I see your signature, I see different names. From your signature I really like Marina Isolde, Elysia Maeve and Cosima Helene. But from your post I like Elodie Rosamund Clara and Caspian Hugo.

Yes, I posted this a week ago and didn't get any replies, so I did some looking by myself. Ksenia Solo is so gorgeous and also incredibly talented. That's where I found the name, but I'm also half Russian-Jewish, so I like the origin of the name.

Lyonesse--hmmm, intersting. Is it pronounced like "lioness"?
    Mavis--Too masculine for me
    Talitha--I like it! Unfortunately, it's quite similar to my name. Same beginning, end vowel sound, and number of syllables.
    Iris--I've always loved irises! I tried to change my name to Iris when I was little. :P

My girls' list:
    Aderyn
    Aerona
    Anthea
    Basilia
    Bryony
    Caia
    Carys
    Ceridwen
    Cosima
    Cyra
    Eileen
    Eleni
    Elysia
    Finola
    Ianthe
    Isolde
    Ksenia
    Linnea
    Lyra
    Maeve
    Marina
    Merida
    Minerva
    Miranda
    Saoirse
    Sophronia
    Violetta
    Zelina
    Elowen
    Aveline
    Eluned
    Elodie

My boys' list:
    Anselm
    Augustus
    Casimir
    Caspian
    Cedric
    Ciaran
    Corin
    Cyrus
    Dominic
    Eamon
    Eladio
    Emrys
    Evander
    Felix
    Finian
    Gavin
    Gerard
    Griffin
    Griffith
    Hugo
    Jasper
    Leander
    Leonidas
    Linden
    Lysander
    Milo
    Oberon
    Orion
    Oswin
    Raoul
    Ronan
    Rupert
    Soren
    Sven
    Tiernan
    Proud furmom to:
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an excel sheet with meanings and everything now, haha!
    Proud furmom to:
    Currently loving: