Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Did Beyoncé ruin the name Ivy?

I really love the name Ivy for my daughter. I'm worried Beyoncé will be in my head the rest of my life. Do you think that would go away?

Beyoncé's daughter is actually named Blue Ivy (which sounds like a description of a THING rather than a person's name). Ivy still retains its vintage charm and spunky spirit for me. If you love Ivy, then I would encourage you to choose it for your daughter. My advice: pair it with something classy in the middle spot and she'll be fine!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I don't associate Ivy with Beyonce's baby at all. Especially since it's only her middle name. Ivy is beautiful! I wouldn't let Beyonce stop you from using it. Even if it did make some people think of Beyonce's baby, by the time your daughter is an adult, that shouldn't be an issue anymore. When your daughter is 50, I doubt anyone she knows will be talking about Beyonce & Blue Ivy :P
    - Favorites -
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Rainbow Baby Due June 2, 2015 -

Beyonce and Jay-Z are keeping their daughter out of the spotlight, and even if they weren't I don't think anyone would exclusively associate Ivy with their daughter. Her name is Blue.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

As the other posters said Ivy is her middle name. Ivy is a perfectly lovely name. It might shoot up in popularity because of Blue Ivy, but I don't see why you couldn't use it.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund