I really adore the letter V.
    Livy gives me chills
    Geneva makes me smile
    Levi looks so strong
    Calvin seems fun and daring at the same time
    Eve is so clean and classic
    Nova is pretty and full of light
    Verily is a GP that just won't leave me

I tend to only like Z's in the middle. I like Zeal a lot as a middle name, but not as a first.
    I like Zane, but there are many I love more as firsts.
    I like Zara, but I prefer Darah/Daria

I don't mind Quentin and Quincy, but I wouldn't use them myself. Something about it always having to be followed by a -u makes it feel to constrained. If that makes any sense.

I can't think of any other "x" name aside from Beatrix and Felix that I really like. I don't hate Xavier, but X just feels like a middle letter to me.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Blanche, I adore Quincy and Viola. Valencia's really cool too, and Roxanne.

Eric, ha! Jaxxon is hideous. It reminds me of Exxon Valdez. Hm Exxon Valdez - now there's a stripper name.

Amelia! Interesting theory. I'd like to think there's more to the X than just sex appeal, but it makes sense. How cool that you have a graphologist friend. Yes, I like those bookended Xs in XB. I realize Xenia Beatrix is almost a palindrome, soundwise. X, short vowel, EE-sound. EE-sound, short vowel, X. It's probably not THE one, just trying it on.

Rainier, I think I'd go for the "kZEH-nee-ah" pronunciation. Pronounced as an X rather than as a Z. I love many from your list, but Violetta is especially refreshing. So over-the-top feminine, but fierce. Good one. Aurelian and Ephraim are also gorgeous and unusual.

Oh my gosh Kala that's brilliant about the Q always feeling constrained by the U. So so true!
    Calvin, Levi, Nova... The vibration of the V cuts like a violin note. It's almost astringent. Cuts right through the usual sauce of too many vowels and Ls.

I think there's something percussive about the X. There must be a term for what happens to the sound when you say X and Q. V and Z have a lovely buzz - that's something else. But X and Q are dry, without a lot of air behind them, know what I mean?

I am a big fan of Z and V. Zoe and Levi bright and zippy. Zara- lush and exotic

Q- I don't like the shape my mouth takes when I say it… like I'm going to say ewww.

X- unless it's the middle or at the beginning, I have an irrational dislike of x's at the end of names…
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Dindlee! Hooray for your beautiful sibs-to-be Zoe and Levi!
    I hear you about the X at the end... It can be bossy. Felix is unimpeachable, but Knox, Max, Pollux, Dax, even cool Ajax have such an over-the-top macho sound because of that x-ending.

I love all of these, though some lean more to boys and some more to girls on my lists.

X favourites
    Girls: Xanthe, Xylia, Beatrix, Alexandra, Alexandrina, Felixia and Tamarix.
    Boys: Xavier, Xalvador, Dexter, Baxter, Alexander, Xenophon. Felix is okay but I probably wouldn't use it, I don't like it as much as its feminine variants.

Z
    Girls: Zelda, Zara, Tzvia, Zinnia, Hazel, Ezriela, Zakia, Raziela, Ketzia, Izora, Eliza, Elizabeth.
    Boys: Zev, Zvi/Tzvi, Azaria, Ezriel, Azriel, Zebulon/Zevulun, Zacharias, Zechariah, Ezra, Ezekiel, Zachary, Raziel, Benzion, Jabez, Reuven, Uziel, Uziah, Lazar, Eleazar.

Q
    Girls: Qetsiyah, Quintana.
    Boys: Quentin, Quinn, Quincy, Quade.

V
    Girls: Vivien, Viveka, Valeria, Viola, Veronica, Aviva, Livia.
    Boys: Victor, Vincent, Levi, Lev, Zev, Zvi, Avi, Valerian, Vasili, Tuvia.

It's the sounds I like, so I really want to count Isidora, Isaac, and Niamh too, but I must admit that technically they have no Z or V.

A lot of these are family names for me, so I couldn't REALLY use all of them. I don't like mispelled names but these are different to me. Their unusualness is genuine, not a really elaborate way to spell Emily, you know?