Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Alternatives to Hugo?

I really need your help! I'm due in about a week and our baby boy still needs a name (for some reason I find boys names to be really hard!)

My husband and I have been referring to our little guy as Hugo all throughout the pregnancy - I love the energy of the name, and also the meaning behind it - but now that we're down to the wire I feel nervous about using it! I was thinking of making it his middle name but I'm having trouble thinking of a first name to go with it - if it helps, other names I like are Henry, Oscar (which is unfortunately taken), Theo (but my husband doesn't like that one...) We could also use Thomas which is a family name, but I'm not sure that Thomas Hugo flows well?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

I think Hugo is a cool name! If you both love it, and you think of the little guy as Hugo already, then my vote would be to just go for it. I really like the Thomas as well, though, and I think it pairs just fine with Hugo. Thomas Hugo or Hugo Thomas would be equally nice IMO. Good luck!
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Patrick Donley

If we have another...
    Seamus Arthur/Albert or Brigid Ellen/Helen

Southern England
    Hugo is a great name. Thomas Hugo is nice too.

New England, USA
    I really like Hugo for you! But, if it doesn't feel right, I understand. I think Thomas Hugo is very handsome! Some other ideas:

David Hugo
    Peter Hugo
    Simon Hugo
    Benjamin Hugo
    Girls: Anna, Caroline & Elizabeth / Claire, Maeve & Rose
    Boys: James, Luke & Patrick / Evan, Jack & Liam

I say go for it! Hugo is lovely!

Here are some alternatives that I think have a similar feel:

Winter, Phoebe, Gray, Juniper
    Fraser, Fisher, Arthur, Birch