Results 1 to 5 of 16
Thread: having a bit of a panic
December 19th, 2013 06:24 AM #1
having a bit of a panic
We will hopefully find out the gender of our second baby in about 2.5 weeks. I promised myself that i wouldn't freak out about names until we knew what we're having, but i can't help it- i'm freaking out because we have no girls names that feel right.
What we do know is this:
1. The middle name is definitely going tobe Susannah.
2. We want the name to sound right with big sister Juniper, but we don't want anything themed, so no botanical, nature, word or food names ( Juniper is mainly thought of as a spice in the Uk). This rules out a lot of lovely names, but its just what we feel comfortable with.
3. Our last name starts with Or, so lovely names with a prominent Or sound (eg Cora, Coralie, Aurora, Oriana etc) are a mouthful and it doesn't work
:-(. It also ends in an EE sound so sounds funny with a first name ending in -ie or-y
4. We like nicknames
5. We want something in the sweet spot between popular and obscure, unusual but familiar.
We have considered but crossed off the following:
These are the two left standing:
Celeste- but i can tell DH isn't feeling it and it isn't great with Susannah
Beatrice- we both like it. I'm not sure if i really love it but am open to persuation.
Can you help me??I'm really starting to worry! Thank you so much for reading :-)~ Mama to Juniper and Arlo and our pooch Crazy Chester ~
contemplating Lark Susannah ~ Tait Anthony Miles
December 19th, 2013 07:17 AM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
December 19th, 2013 07:46 AM #5
If you're not loving Beatrice, I would suggest Beatrix. Beatrix is just a bit spunkier, and sounds incredible with Juniper. Beatrix Susannah is beautiful! (Nns Bee, Trixie, Beatie).
Philippa Susannah nn Pippa
Eleanor Susannah nn Ellie, Nellie, Nora
Tabitha Susannah nn Tabby
Matilda Susannah nn Tilly, Milly
Eloise Susannah nn Ellie
Penelope Susannah nn Penny, Poppy, Nellie
Hermione Susannah nn Minnie, Hera
Ginevra Susannah nn Ginny
Juliet Susannah nn Jules, Jewel, Lettie
Genevieve Susannah nn Ginny, Eve, Neve
Scarlett Susannah (I actually love this alliteration!) nn Lettie, Carlie
Delilah Susannah nn Lilah
Vivienne Susannah nn Vivi
Emmeline Susannah nn Emme, Millie
Verity Susannah nn V
Best of luck! I hope you like some of these. I looove the name Juniper!Jemima
Twenty | Law student
* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Felicity * Margo *
* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Oscar *
December 19th, 2013 08:23 AM #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2013
I second the suggestion of Beatrix. Juniper & Beatrix Susannah sound great together.
December 19th, 2013 08:56 AM #9
With Juniper I think I prefer Beatrix to Beatrice. I know the Beatrix/Beatrice debate is a heated one, so sorry if you hated it, but it's a bit more quirky/playful with her sister's name.
Sybilla/Sybella(olivia. seventeen. film & philosophy student, worryingly maternal! in love with my kitty, majestically named shura)
''BOYS R SENSITIVE'' ○ ''GIRLS R SRTONG'';
Rufus George / Wilfred Colin / Emmett Nicholas / Edgar Hugh / Lysander Alec / Caspian Baez / Eoghan Evergreen / Crispin William / Hubert Cathal
Rosemary Una / Annabel Briar / Eilidh Agnes / Maude Evangeline / Iris Lettice / Billie Jemima / Estella Margaret / Beatrix Aoife