Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Share Your Favorite...

Holiday movie, song and tradition.

I'm going to cheat on the first one and pick more than one because they're different sorts of holiday movies.

Movie(s)
    Gremlins- for nostalgic reasons
    The Nightmare Before Christmas- because it's amazing
    A Christmas Story- SO's favorite, and I love it through him
    The Polar Express- it's what Christmas magic is for me

Song
    Silent Night
    I love everything the Trans-Siberian Orchestra does though.

Tradition
    Still working on this one. I didn't celebrate for most of my life, but so far my favorite tradition that we do every year is Christmas morning. It's just SO and I, I put cinnamon rolls in the oven, we turn the fireplace on, and open our gifts to each other. It's so happy and warm and cozy. And our furry beast/s love it too because of the boxes and paper to explore.

Seven more days guys!
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Yikes! I can't wait a week!

Holiday Movie: Home Alone (I still get a kick out of it even after watching it more than 15 times ) or Elf!
    Song: PACHELBEL'S CANON IN D!!!!!
    Tradition - Christmas Pickle - a Danish/German tradition (not sure which one), my parents hide a 1-inch-long pickle ornament on the tree on Christmas Eve and the first one of us kids to find it on Christmas morning gets a "special" treat (usually it's something having to do with dental hygiene >.< )
    Last edited by oboeplayer1; December 19th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Movie: It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (the original) and The Grinch. I love curling up in front of the Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve and watching the old classics, but the Grinch was a childhood favorite. I can't decide.

Song:
    Christmas Canon by TSO

Tradition: My family used to have a lot of fun traditions that we just don't do anymore so I'm going to go with a personal one. Reading my favorite children's book The Christmas Doll to myself on Christmas Eve. I remember when my 4th grade teacher read it out loud to our class before Christmas it was like love at first sentence. I read it every year and I hope to read it to my children every Christmas if I ever have a family.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Movie:
    The Sound of Music… it isn't a Christmas movie, but it's always on at Christmas

Song:
    Baby It's Cold Outside

Tradition:
    Going to see The Nutcracker with my mom and grandmother
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iluna, Iris, Sela, Seraphine
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Felix, Gideon

Christmas movies aren't my thing, but I've loved The Sound of Music ever since I watched it for the first time at age 6 or 7, does that count? :P Not sure what it has to do with Christmas- it takes place in the summer!- but it seems to be on TV a lot at this time of year.

Christmas song, hmm. My favourites (can't pick one!) are Hark the Herald (especially love Judith Durham's version), Carol of the Bells, Ding Dong Merrily on High, and Do You Hear What I Hear (Celtic Woman does amazing versions of all three).

My favourite Christmas tradition is going to church on Christmas morning. Actually it's probably the only thing my family and I do each year; we don't have any interesting special traditions. The mood is so joyful and beautiful.

My favourite winter break tradition, if it could be called that, is either reading or watching Gone With the Wind. It was just a coincidence that I happened to do so the last few years- partly because it's so long it's hard to find the time otherwise! But I figure I may as well make it a tradition haven't had time to yet this year, but I will!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy