Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ooh, I love Inanna Cypress Andromeda. Awesome.

So if Inanna's on there, are [minor?] goddesses from other cultures also on the table? Would it be offensive to use Isis or Ixchel? How about going Roman--could/would you use Minerva?

Sorry for the cross-examination. Anyway, my favorites:

Adrasteia
    Atalanta
    Ilithyia
    Ismene
    Nydia (I think this may have been made up for the novel "The Last Days of Pompeii," but it's still pretty)
    Oenone
    Orithyia
    Ourania

...and it's got a negative rep now thanks to Harry Potter, but lately I've been crushing on Alecto/Alekto.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I can't use Isis because she isn't my goddess (and you certainly don't want to offend the gods) and someone in the temple I go to occasionally (the priest) has a daughter named Isis. I would definitely think about it in the middle. And I wouldn't use Minerva (despite how amazing that name is and how much I love it) simply because I find it odd to worship Athena but call a child by her Roman name. I can't compare it to anything in Christianity or the like for you to understand how weird it is to me. And I've actually never heard of Ixchel so you have succeeded in finding a mythology name I don't know anything about >.>

From the rest, I like:

Adrasteia -- this is actually the name of a pretty kick ass female fighter in a fantasy novel I enjoy
    Orithyia -- This is sweet. O names are so hard to find that I like!
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I'm loving this thread Though it's tricky because those who some people consider main Gods/Goddesses others don't. I guess part of that is the mythology and part of it is your personal connection. If it's a main Goddess that doesn't have a Greek counterpart, is that still off limits?

I'm a fan of:
    Dana - But my husband vetoed it
    Morgan/Morrigan
    Thea (Technically a titan, not a Goddess, if I remember right)
    Terra
    Rhiannon
    Freya

It's great you're so open about your beliefs Worship of other Gods wouldn't seem so weird to people if more of us spoke up!

anything to do with wisdom, battle, nature, light, music, poetry, fire, mischief etc. would be good.

This is the kind of post I want to comment on Sony feel I'm knowledgable enough. However baby is down and dinner isn't ready so heres a few names I think may fit your criteria
    Faye (cause what can be more magic than a fairy)
    Bellatrix (damn u HP)
    Pania (has pan in it? but is pronounced like Pa-nia, She was a water nymph in Maori myth)
    Lumiere, light!
    Hero
    Flavia
    Tallis (always feels mystical to me)

Hope that helps.

@Miri -- No, the main gods just are the main gods. As in, there are 14 main gods in Greek mythology (Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Dionysus, Hades, Hephaestus, Hera, Hades, Hermes, Poseidon, Zeus). All the tons of others are minor gods, Titans, or spirits (Hekate, Persephone, Pan, etc are minor gods. Eros, Gaia, Nyx etc are primordial deities, Hyperion. Phoebe, Theia are titans, Orion and Typhon are Gigantes, Aletheia, Eirene, NIke are spirits etc). It's the same with any. Now, who someone chooses to worship is certainly their own thing and I don't worship a main god (Pan) but there are still set main deities. I'm not ranting, just educating

For your list I like:

Morrigan -- This used to be on our list but we took it off some time ago. It's still nice. I like Morgana too but Cody vetoed it once before.
    Terra -- It's a great word, isn't it?

@Tuitree -- I hope you come back and offer some more! I like:

Bellatrix -- It would be a middle though because I desperately don't want a Bella or Ella. And I think of the star before the HP
    Pania -- It sounds really sweet. I know nothing about Maori mythology. Want to fill me in?
    Lumiere -- I actually love it but what about Lumina?
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014